Security Installer Community

Montex Monitoring

looops

Don't mean to hog this forum sorry.

Been playing with Montex software today but hitting a wall. Trying to find documentation even getting access denied on the TSI forums on what looks like useful Google results. I'm not TSI trade so fair enough. However, anyone got any pointers? As mentioned a few times I'm an IT guy and we use clever monitoring systems to alert the right people when email, websites, systems go down. Seems to me I might be able to hook Montex into this. Anyone done something similar?

I'll STFU now.

Thanks

Paul.

You will need to program the ip into the panel and then it should send the signals to the reciever (pc)

Check you are on the same network to start with to avoid routing issues and the pc doesn't have a firewall blocking the ports.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Montex works with texecom kit over a network, I've still not got round to using it depsite on the kit being on the desk for months

we use clever monitoring systems to alert the right people when email, websites, systems go down.

how ever clever they are ain't a proper a arc

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

It won't be plain text that's transmitted and it will work on a challenge system, ie some 2 way comms before any useful data is sent. We had to jump through a few hoops when we wrote our own sia over ip receiver

Port traffic you might be able to detect, or maybe hook into the montex log files?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I'm hoping it can pick up on a port being open or ASCII output, even a log being generated.

try it & report back,

I know nothing about your server monitoring thing but I suspect crestron support is more likely than a panel

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived