Security Installer Community

Replacing Old System

Guest Gordon

I am planning to change my current Challenger 5 alarm system for a Hybrid system.

Can anyone recommend a good system for a 2 story house, currently I have 5 windows and 2 doors with sensors but I intend to add wireless fire alarm and more sensors.

I would either need a panel with the keys etc on it and 1 keypad or blank panel and 2 keypads, I like the idea of fobs to set/unset the alarm ideally so that I could unset it before I come in the door.

Do all keypads use the same number of wires of will I need to check I have enough wires going to the current Challenger remote keypad?

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Gordon

Most keypads now require 4 cores so you should be fine. You sound like you need a hybrid system to use your existing wiring where possible. We would use a hkc panel but it's difficult to advise what to use diy as we dont use that class of equipment.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Have a look at the Gardtec Risco website. We use this equipment.

It looks like you may need the 490x/CPX panel that allows a wireless receiver to be added. 2 keypads an this system is fine and both are 4 wire.

The wireless receiver can take up to 8 wireless devices and fobs. The panel also has a built in autodialler that when connected to your phoneline will diall a mobile/landline upon activation.

It is a good bit of kit although the programming takes a bit of getting used to for the first time!

There are other makes like Scantronic,Texecom and Honeywel.

!

Thanks for both suggestions, the HKC looks like it isn't really DIY friendly.

The Gardtec Risco looks interesting, however I'll need to make sure the supplier can also supply the installation instructions as they aren't available for download by the end user.

cheers

Gordon

Ah! beginning to see what James see's in it!

I nearly took that as a challenge LOL!

I'm just one of these sad people that even if I used a professional I would still want every manual just in case I wanted to play with it or something went wrong!!

Gordon

I nearly took that as a challenge LOL!

I'm just one of these sad people that even if I used a professional I would still want every manual just in case I wanted to play with it or something went wrong!!

Gordon

Just the type of customer i walk away from lol

Better to do it yourself if you feel like that :lol:

i wouldnt say risco stuff was diy friendly

I wouldn't.

Better of just sticking a powermax in.

Archived