Security Installer Community

Veritas Prob

connor2425

Is there a 'set only' code on these panels?

wondered has that mistake been made?

Arfur

as sixwheeled said no these dont have that option but..you can set system just by pressing full or part.

then probably using the code to silenence and not working.

either its been accidentaly defaulted or codes are the wrong way round.

one user lol, even an optima can do more then that.

theres more than 1 user but not a set only option.

the only other thing is zones assigned to cleaners suite can be omited by cleaner code a set again.but causing an alarm in the zones that are not on the cleaners suite means cleaner code wll not stop it!

i think this wont be the prob tho.try default code and check polarity of user/engineer code!

theres more than 1 user but not a set only option.

the only other thing is zones assigned to cleaners suite can be omited by cleaner code a set again.but causing an alarm in the zones that are not on the cleaners suite means cleaner code wll not stop it!

i think this wont be the prob tho.try default code and check polarity of user/engineer code!

Excels have 8 users (incl. cleaner and PA) but R8's only have 1

one user lol, even an optima can do more then that.

Crickey, not seen that limitation since old 9100's, later scanny panels have master, user + engineer, but even the G350 which was amongst the cheapest had 9 users :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

maybe diy is ok,

not keen at all though, no dougbt due to i worked in days there was absolutely no log just a key and if lucky some zone lights, you relied on the keyholder noting down the zone light before switching it off, this would be with bells wringing them half asleep they rarely did. only takes a few extra seconds longer, but they just wanted to stop the noise for themselves and the neighbours :rolleyes:. Then panels with latching zones that stayed lit after stoping bells, but they still reset and not take note, or who ever keyho;der responded was not known by the people on site with a lot of staff.

so personally, i just like users to have and use their own code for the above reasons, also if someone is not careful they let someone else see or give it away the relevant code can be changed, others can keep theirs as is

the CPA6 (infamoulsy renamed the CRAP6) was the 1st panel i dealt with that had many users, user levels and a covated 'event log', way to expensive for small jobs. ever since affordable panels for smaller jobs with a simple log came out (I.E. S9100), i went straight to them, then later panels keyholders had own codes (TS600 etc).

it just makes life much easier for the engineer to work out if a repeat problem is being experienced by a specific user.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived