Security Installer Community

Alarm But No Mains

sjsturner

If your handy with a soldering iron you could make a very simple alarm system, that draws next to no current when on standby.

This would be a sounder only as only desgined as a motorcycle alarm (I have built a few). It could be modified to trigger a GSM Dialler I would think. I have schematics.

If your going down the wireless route I recommend a Powermax Complete with a GSM Dialler as they run off a small 12Vdc PSU for the mains connection. This could be adapted to your Solar/Battery/Wind-farm easily.

If standard wired alarm was to be run on batteries, you could use an inverter or a panel that the mains fail can be programmed out (premier's will do this). Current drawn maybe an issue and you would have to check current in and out before fitting.

How far are you away from site? Scantronic do long range wireless gear had pa buttons working over 1km.

i am about 1km away.

i think i would go with a wired unit but the gsm dialler is the key really.

just gona get some big ass batterys and hope the sun comes out!

You do know the price for scrap batteries is though the roof at the mo.

itl b the batterys that the old man has kicking around.

he has no end of equipment and machinery up there.

someone will prob break in for the batterys!

batterys and panel will be in sealed metal container inside the most secure building

We have site the has no mains just a genny during the day.

We have a 9651 with a pyronix GSM mod fitted. I made a lead from the Battery leads within the panel it go's into a joint box (RIO box) this has a fuse holder with a 1.5amp fuse fitted across the Pos with a diode fitted this then go's to a 800 amp 12v batt via some jump leads.

The panel has a 7 amp battery fitted, in the mornining the 800 amp batt is disconnected and put on charge for the day and put back at the end of the working day.

It has been working 100% for 3 years now.

thanks arfur il take a look.

you really dont need to teach me about indicies (ma)

i did retain some knowledge from all those years of college!lol

Soz m8, hard ti know who knows what, did not mean to be condescending in any way.

One of the best installers I ever met could not read a meter to save his life, but his systems never went wrong.

Arfur

//and no, items not me lol!//

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived