Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448+ - Beeping!

Guest MDM

Happy New Year folks and many thanks for the replies, it's really appreciated.

I've taken a photo of the external sounder which will hopefully help. I also looked at the fuses and this is what I see. The fuses sit in this shape :

....|

....---

.......|

The 'middle' fuse is the one that's blown.

I've also had a new bathroom shower fitted in the past few weeks and I wondered at the time if this was the cause of the problem, by how would I know? I've checked what cables I can see and they look fine.....

The battery hasn't been replaced and this is something I will do if and when we can narrow down the cause of the problem. Also, what is the battery in the sounder - is this the same type as the one in the alarm panel?

I appreciate this is all a bit vague and you guys are trying to help a clueless amateur, but I'm just trying to do the 'easy' stuff before involving the professionals.

Again, thanks for all your help and input.

post-0-0-61346600-1293893569_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year folks and many thanks for the replies, it's really appreciated.

I've taken a photo of the external sounder which will hopefully help. I also looked at the fuses and this is what I see. The fuses sit in this shape :

....|

....---

.......|

The 'middle' fuse is the one that's blown.

I've also had a new bathroom shower fitted in the past few weeks and I wondered at the time if this was the cause of the problem, by how would I know? I've checked what cables I can see and they look fine.....

The battery hasn't been replaced and this is something I will do if and when we can narrow down the cause of the problem. Also, what is the battery in the sounder - is this the same type as the one in the alarm panel?

I appreciate this is all a bit vague and you guys are trying to help a clueless amateur, but I'm just trying to do the 'easy' stuff before involving the professionals.

Again, thanks for all your help and input.

Fuses

F1 - Battery = 1A Slow Blow

F2 - 12V AUX = 1A Fast Blow

F3 - 21 VAC = 1A Slow Blow

Caution: When replacing fuses use the ratings quoted above.

If you decide to go in to have a look REMOVE THE MAINS SUPPLY to the panel BEFORE opening

The F1 F2 and F3 should be written on the PCB close to the fuse it relates too, if its the Battery fuse then it is most likely the cause. When you had the shower fitted did the plumbers have the same floor boards up as the alarm engineer?

The Battery in the sounder will be different

Trouble with the Aux fuse on these is that they feed detection and the bell., and also leave the keypad inoperable. Best thing to do is either get someone who knows what he's doing, or buy a mulitmeter and do some basic current/resistance checks. After that its split out cable time.

Yes we have a few out there :fear:

Worse one i remember was a messy take over (we do we bother) Had a fault last company couldnt sort, kept blowing fuses every few months....... (they even replaced the panel and it still did it) Traced it to a strobe pulling 700ma! Total current in alarm was around 1.5A!

Archived