Security Installer Community

Mobile Supplier Providing Mainstream Ha

james.wilson

good name lol

in some ways yes, but at the moment all we can offer is a premier or a visonic and x-10.

I did a bit of reseach into HA a bit ago and did think then how advanced other sectors are compared to us.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If you integrate all controls how do you then upgrade it to cater for later innovations?

Say you had.n a singingingall dancing HA system. now wireless fire comes of age. You need an interface, where as say an anolgue, system you replace just that panel.

Personally I see it like home audio kit, have separate tuner, amp etc, and you can upgrade that section far easier as tech advances or your money allows, so for me it's in the dreams of the 'I'm a computer technician' wally's :).

Arfur

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Yes but only because there isnt really a decent alternative.

I feel there is a gap in the market that the manufacturers and in turn us could exploit. I dont mean full HA as that is its own entity, but limited integration, ie lighting, controlling appliances and lighting etc via iphone apps, via the intruder system. Controlling DVR's and cctv from the intruder alarm, heating integration. For example my own alarm drops the temp of the house to efficicient mode (15 degs) and as soon as i unset or i text it it moves to comfort mode.

I wanted to add rad control into it so if the wife opens the back door and leaves it open while the heating is on i can shut off rads. It can all be done, but i had to use my own software, which has its own issues.

There are protocols that exist that can do this, yet we seem to ignore them? My concern is its very easy to make a HA system do security. Granted not to standards.

But we have movement sensors that could be controlling lights and room activity for temps and activity for economy reasons on heating and lighting. Combined smoke and heat sensors could be detecting the temp in each room and adjust heating based on occupancy and activity etc etc.

It seems an obvious evolution step for our industry IMO

Yes i do agree it would be a lot better than providing a couple of dry pairs for a HA Spark.

I love the though of alarm integration though ALL smartphones.

You can do some integration from alarms now but if made better will only get limited use. not maybe not worth investing in?

I think part of the problem is our new standards, there ever moving goalposts, so why would either industry wish to go near the other.

Also a standard protocol should be used.

I think the way it should move forward is with HA/alarm/heating/AV etc sending a standardized data to all household equipment via ethernet or the like. you can do everything over ethernet tcp/ip now so if there was a way to setup an static internal ip on all devices, data can be send from everything to everything.

This stops all industries being crushed into one big cheap competitive mess.

Then the smartphone industry will jump onboard to make apps with open source.

Iphone/Android/Meego control from anywhere to everything, cool er.

Archived