Security Installer Community

Mobile Supplier Providing Mainstream Ha

james.wilson

As I said before MR Security did this yrs ago, using gal 502`s.

I was on the outskirts of it.

Channel 4 did a prog about it.

Shame they fu cked with engineers, hence the high turn over.

Still shocked they allowed an "engineer" when doing in house meter calibration, to use leads without probes........................

Seriously his leads had no probes just bare wires.........................

i know it can be done we have done it with gals as well but it isnt a great integration.

Intruder panels should IMO be the hub of the HA system not something else. Currently you need something to do the HA and the alarm panel is pretty irrelevant. They dont tend to comply with any EN regs etc.

Id like zigbee or Zwave add ons for retrofits and C-Bus for proper jobs.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yes but only because there isnt really a decent alternative.

I feel there is a gap in the market that the manufacturers and in turn us could exploit. I dont mean full HA as that is its own entity, but limited integration, ie lighting, controlling appliances and lighting etc via iphone apps, via the intruder system. Controlling DVR's and cctv from the intruder alarm, heating integration. For example my own alarm drops the temp of the house to efficicient mode (15 degs) and as soon as i unset or i text it it moves to comfort mode.

I wanted to add rad control into it so if the wife opens the back door and leaves it open while the heating is on i can shut off rads. It can all be done, but i had to use my own software, which has its own issues.

There are protocols that exist that can do this, yet we seem to ignore them? My concern is its very easy to make a HA system do security. Granted not to standards.

But we have movement sensors that could be controlling lights and room activity for temps and activity for economy reasons on heating and lighting. Combined smoke and heat sensors could be detecting the temp in each room and adjust heating based on occupancy and activity etc etc.

It seems an obvious evolution step for our industry IMO

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived