Security Installer Community

The Best Intruder Detector Ever? And Why?

james.wilson

Agree withe the Napco C100

Never give any problems at all.

Saying that i realy do like the Guardall 15+ DT's we have been using for the last year or so. I dont think we have one give a false alarm and we have them in some bad environments.

We fitted the 7550 for about 2 years but then found Screwfix had them for around £20.00 inc Vat so dropped them.

Yes the Guardall is Grade 3 its all we use now for everything.

Best detector i have used would be FX 35 or RX40 Both by optex

I choose these units not because of any fancy detection or set up, just because they are a stable mass instal day to day items with high detection and low false alarm rates. They win on price v performance. They win on asthetics and ease to instal.

Customers!

Visonic FIX

pride of the PJ slarm and sparky battalions alike for many a year :).

Half detector half junction box, so much room inside had the case been waterproof - it could have been used as an EWB. I'd call it a true 'dual-tec' ;).

Little Red 1st dedicated curtain pir, and Magic Red, all very very reliable

Old ultrasonic detection, advisor 3 and the ugly but reliable M&W slim unit, can't remember the model number, took 7 out last year, been installed for over 25 years, according to client never had a false alarm.

There is more in the 'hall of fame' like the PEAK MWDs and AES 'bathroom heater' ultrasonic, seemed the uglier they were, the better they worked.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Visonic FIX

pride of the PJ slarm and sparky battalions alike for many a year :).

Half detector half junction box, so much room inside had the case been waterproof - it could have been used as an EWB. I'd call it a true 'dual-tec' ;).

Little Red 1st dedicated curtain pir, and Magic Red, all very very reliable

Old ultrasonic detection, advisor 3 and the ugly but reliable M&W slim unit, can't remember the model number, took 7 out last year, been installed for over 25 years, according to client never had a false alarm.

There is more in the 'hall of fame' like the PEAK MWDs and AES 'bathroom heater' ultrasonic, seemed the uglier they were, the better they worked.

Arfur

Surely you meant Fox?

And dont take this the wrong way Id have to disagree in their time they were good but there are far better detectors on the market nowadays with white light filters and quad elements.

My vote would be for the RX40 simply because the only time we ever had to change one is when a customer smashed it when fitting a curtain pole, they just dont go wrong, I reckon if Optex put a lifetime warranty on them they wouldnt get any back.

Archived