Security Installer Community

Perimeter Alarm System Whats Best?

mms

All external detection systems have their achilleis heels, depends on o/p's needs and budget. He may be happy with CCTV and motion sensing. Small mammals may well be ignored by active beams, but then what about deer?

Like I have said several times now, so many ways available o/p needs advice actually on a site, by a clued up engineer who can then advise him on the best options accordingly.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Small mammals may well be ignored by active beams, but then what about deer?

Used them a lot in town on Embassy Roofs, never had a deer problem yet.

Even at Christmas..........................

Can you not make a post without trying to .........................no not falling for it.

Ox

• 1 month later...

Is the perimeter the OP refers to a walled perimeter?

Chips

where?,

i just re-read te whole thread, but could not see any mention of it being a 'walled perimeter' :unsure: .

Arfur

where?,

i just re-read te whole thread, but could not see any mention of it being a 'walled perimeter' :unsure: .

Arfur

You didn't spot the ( ? ) at the end of the sentence, it makes all the difference between a statement and a question?

You didn't spot the ( ? ) at the end of the sentence, it makes all the difference between a statement and a question.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

You didn't spot the ( ? ) at the end of the sentence, it makes all the difference between a statement and a question?

You didn't spot the ( ? ) at the end of the sentence, it makes all the difference between a statement and a question.

So I'll write 'the o/p is surrounded by a moat, covered with barbed wire fence?".

(? = 'feignlights' - because my fingers are crossed)

I wrote (much earlier), site visit by a pro installer to advise required - exactly for those reasons perhaps? :).

Out if interest, some time back there was perimeter kit based on sensor wires that were buried, is it still about and if so anyone ever used it?

I speced it for a caravan sales park about 10 years back, but it was to expensive for the client.

Arfur

Been chewing that over since I posted it, if you have seen that grid you place on grass so vehicles run over it without sinking in, I wonder if fibre optic sensor track could be made from narrow strips, that's is simply laid onto the perimiter?

Arfur

Archived