Security Installer Community

The Secret That Dare Not Speak It's Name..........

r24977

I have two Freemason halls on contract for both CCTV and intruder and Im not a mason, yet two of the directors of one of my competitors are both masons and members at one of the halls I look after.

Was the last owner of your firm a mason?

I was a Mason for about 3 years, invited by a long time freind and busuness contact.

nothing ever came my way through work wise though I did use a members firm for building works. Joined out if curiosity enjoyed it for a while, takes a he'll of a bite from your free time with lodge of instruction, festive boards and so on.

You pay a membership and you also give to charity, so cost over a year for this is not a cheap hobby, if hour invited to a meal then I'd say go, nobody puts you in a death lock or tampers with your trouser leg, most are just ordinary people seeking reliable friends.

In left mainly because of the time constraints, but I also don't smoke. the meals are held in meeting rooms where windows are normally kept closed, many did smoke and I'd feel ragged for days and good clothes stank of tobacco.

my lodge was at Clerkenwell,, to attend you can't really turn up in overals and muddy boots, so a day is gone, and very late home too. Trains a joke gi get home to where i lived so driving means no booze. i'm very strict on this, so not even a shandy for me, I'd watch others who were first to expound on virtues, then drink way to mutch and drive.

As Jeff says your aim is to improve yourself and others around you as a person (not as in wealth or a business), just found this so callouse towards others well being, an hypocrisy to much for me to maintain my respect. You knew if you bought a drink for them then you were condonning dangerous behaviour.

not all the masons are like this, but just to many for me in my small lodge. not the only reason I left, my troublesome sense of humour was a problem for them, especially when our 'Perambulations' at ceremonies went tits up ;).

Not giving secrets away, but everyone has seen the door with a knocker on it, well there is another knocker on the inside. It serves to communicate with the guy outside. Well our 'outer guard' was ancient, and very hard of hearing. I did the sequence to which he was meantt to respond, but silence. I repeat and again silence, urged by the other masons I really banged hard - resulting in both door knockers falling off the door. Tbh I was gone, tears down the cheeks could not even stand up, few days later I got a letter about my 'behaviour' - from one if the worst drink drivers :(.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Was the last owner of your firm a mason?

Amazing or a mason? No he wasn't a Mason and I got the second site myself anyway (though it was because we were recommended by the first) maybe its the funny way I shake hands

Amazing or a mason? No he wasn't a Mason and I got the second site myself anyway (though it was because we were recommended by the first) maybe its the funny way I shake hands

Is a lodge lady Masons a gathering of 'maisonettes'?

:)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Probably because you have a good rep. My lodge has an alarm and its owner is not a Mason. I have never been inclined to chase that business nor other business where a co does a decent job. Idiots tend to employ idiots dont you agree? Ive never knowingly bought anything from dodgy source i.e. "for cash mate" i have bought from member of this site and paid as i would expect to be paid i.e. "immediately".

In fact i have done business with a few of our members. i have also avoided doing business with some of our members. You get a feel for who has integrity and who does not.

Peter i think you would make an excelent candidate.

Customers!

Peter i think you would make an excelent candidate.

To buy from? or as a lodge member? Ive been invited to join a few times but its never really appealed, I did join the cubs when I was little and I cant say I went much on that either. To buy from you wont get a better deal anywhere further south of Islington , cheaper but not better.

Archived