Security Installer Community

Hybrid Alarm System Recommendations

martinwinlow

Hi - I'm looking for a replacement for my Response SA5 which I have had installed from a previous property on a 'temporary' (5 years!) basis whilst I finish a self build house project.

I now have around 16 separate, hard-wired door/window contacts and I want a new system that allows them to be individually monitored. On top of that, I'd like to have 6 or so wireless zones for possible future expansion eg garden shed etc.

The next requirement is to have a built in voice dialer.

Lastly, I want to be able to access the system via the internet in the event of an alarm so I can interact with it - switch it off, see which zone has been triggered etc.

I already have some IP cameras installed so these can be run separately - or integrated with the new alarm system if it makes things any easier or better.

Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

Regards, Martin Winlow, Herts, UK

www.winlow.co.uk

Most modern mid range panels will do you want, Texecom will be a good place to start as they are easy to hold of. Although Id recommend professional monitoring over any kind of remote view/interrogation - its little more than a toy and with no security value.

www.winlow.co.uk

Interesting, I know some one here who may want to pick your brains on the caravan installation.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

alright,

starting with

The next requirement is to have a built in voice dialer.

the only thing I can think of with "built on board" is a 490/595,

either way a "speechdailer" is not really fit for propose in the manner of dualcom or redcare ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Galaxy will do the above, except the speech would be text.

Visonic will work also with speech dialler if needed.

As above professional monitoring is always preferred.

the only thing I can think of with "built on board" is a 490/595,

or scantronic I-on40 though its an add on board, but can swap out for ip or digi, etc

either way a "speechdailer" is not really fit for propose in the manner of dualcom or redcare ?

agreed

Risco agility can do all the above and have a wired board added.

tbh alarm actions, what are you gonna do remotely? chat to the intruders and fish for complements?

alarm systems if installed correctly preferably by an experienced installer is very unlikely to then false alarm, but if it happens that guy is the one who can diagnose from his knowledge, and likely to have spares to hand if needed.

Good accurate diagnostics is a skill in it's own right - and that's while on site, let alone remotely from a PC with little knowledge or experience.

While you learn these 'dark arts', your systems credibility could be fatally damaged with the neighbours, people just do not give a system that is false alarming regularly much credence.

By all means have a fancy system, but use a pro installer, you know it makes sense ;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Most modern mid range panels will do you want, Texecom will be a good place to start as they are easy to hold of. Although Id recommend professional monitoring over any kind of remote view/interrogation - its little more than a toy and with no security value.

@ RichL - Cripes - talk about complicated... I'd have to get 2 zone expanders before I start and and Lord knows what else - I gather it's a system more aimed at high end residential and commercial markets than my relatively simple needs. But thanks anyway.

Interesting, I know some one here who may want to pick your brains on the caravan installation.

Ask them to ping me an email - my address is on the sites front page. I'd be happy to assist if I can. MW

Archived