Security Installer Community

Which Wireless System To Go For?

vRS

Installed a few Ricochet now, fantastic gear. Texecom manufacture everything in the UK (a good thing) therefore the cost will be higher.

Visonic is made in Israel, thats why its cheaper, we use both the Powermax Complete and Pro panels and never have had issue except for a faulty battery.

Not sure where the Galaxy wireless stuff is made as we don't use it.

• 6 months later...

Texeecoms Ricochet kit is very good, and performs really well.

I have installed quite a few systems with it now, and expanded existing premier installs too.

The only thing i have found is that is deffo has bugs when connected to a premier 24.

No matter what software version you have, or flash the panel to it still does not run correctly.

We have tested this in several panels with mixed firmware and panels I have flash updated.

Before anyone asks, Yes i selected the correct dip switches to match the panel firmware.

Regards,

Moved away from Visonic recently and we are now using the Pyronix/Castle Caretech Enforcer kit. Its 2 way which makes it better than Visonic etc. Installed around 20 now without issue. The door contacts and shocks are on the big side though.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies.

I've just been having a look online and it seems that the Powermax doesnt use the plastic fobs as such but a remote control keyring thing like a garage door opener (MCT-234).

I know that the company fitting the galaxy will wire the keypad to the panel, but i dont know if anything else will be wired. With the Powermax i think all the equipment is wireless. That's something that i will need to find out now.

Hi Vrs,

I know it is a late post and you probably have your system in place. If not the powermax is a serious piece of kit. I have been using them for over 7 years now and have never had a problem. It is not only an alarm system it is a home automation system. Just thought I would add my penneth.

Kind Regards.

Mick

Moved away from Visonic recently and we are now using the Pyronix/Castle Caretech Enforcer kit. Its 2 way which makes it better than Visonic etc. Installed around 20 now without issue. The door contacts and shocks are on the big side though.

Hello ,

Interested to know what you mean by 2 way.

Kind Regards.

Mick

Archived