Security Installer Community

X-10

topgunn

Has anyone had any dealings with any of these devices? easy enough to fit/use?

Im thinking of connecting a few devices to my G3. the idea is to connect a pressure mat as a circuit and link it to an x-10 tht would control the porch light soo i can view my camera at night. Also thnking bout using auto set and timers on an independant group to turn lights or radios on through out the day or night when working away. also seen a barking dog which would be good to work along side the pressure matt but i cant find one with a wired input. has anyone come across one or think of an alternative?

1st, a pressure mat outside?

Its not waterproof, the alarm will not conform.

Does the cam not "see" at night anyway?

IR or better lighting needed.

False barking dogs are soooooooooooooo FALSE TBH.

You can get an external switching pir with X10, or depending on the site fit a dusk till dawn lamp - very cheap to run, good for security/safety and will provide enough light for any decent camera.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

1st, a pressure mat outside?

Its not waterproof, the alarm will not conform.

Conform with/to what?

DiY system, X10 ?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

x10 is an ok 1 way technology, does what it does reasonably well without cabling.

But what G3 have you got?

You may need a fairly powerful panel to be able to control it as flexibly as you want or look at some basic HA software

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 3 weeks later...

x10 is an ok 1 way technology, does what it does reasonably well without cabling.

But what G3 have you got?

You may need a fairly powerful panel to be able to control it as flexibly as you want or look at some basic HA software

Got a Galaxy G3-144. Bit over kill but its lying around

Archived