Security Installer Community

Castle System

SurreyWinter

I have a castle alarm system in my new house (http://www.castle-caretech.com/prod-euro76.html). I'm pretty sure its a Euro model as its identical to the keypad on the website on the link earlier. Its a reasonably old system (looks to be about 10 years or so). The alarm maintenance company weren't particularly helpful so I'm looking to approach the manufacturer for information on it. Is there any way to tell exactly which model I have so that I can download the correct user manual from the castle website or request one from the manufacturer if (as I suspect) its an out of date model?

manuals are on castles site, model number may be on sticker on end station

Thanks - I'd spotted the manuels and it looks like the Euro 76 however this was released October 2006 according to their website and one of the few bits of information that our alarm guy seemed to come up with (other than directing me to the castle website) was that our PIRs (and by implication the rest of the system) were over ten years old suggesting that I have an earlier version of the 76 (and earlier versions don't seem to be on the site) - he made the age comment in the context of looking to sell me a more up-to-date set of PIRs.

(sorry - should add - no stickers in sight) :-(

Thanks - I'd spotted the manuels and it looks like the Euro 76 however this was released October 2006 according to their website and one of the few bits of information that our alarm guy seemed to come up with (other than directing me to the castle website) was that our PIRs (and by implication the rest of the system) were over ten years old suggesting that I have an earlier version of the 76 (and earlier versions don't seem to be on the site) - he made the age comment in the context of looking to sell me a more up-to-date set of PIRs.

theres normally a log book / history card, controls could be a yr old other parts of system could 20 yr old, hard to w/o seeing

I assume you've not spoke to the install co. ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

theres normally a log book / history card, controls could be a yr old other parts of system could 20 yr old, hard to w/o seeing

I assume you've not spoke to the install co. ?

Thanks for the help - I've spoken to them but have found them worse than useless so far. We had a guy round to make some changes to the setup (some of the PIRs needed moving as cables that had been in built in furniture were now exposed following the removal of the furniture) but found them uncommincative, sloppy and just generally disinterested in anything that didn't involve a quick and easy sale. Very frustrating as what I want to do is fully understand what I have, what it can do and what it could do with upgrades etc.

I figure I'll give Castle a call on Monday and see what they say.

• 6 months later...

We offer this page on our website CastleCareTech Keypad Finder to help end users or engineers identify the control panel based upon the look and appearance of the keypad. Over the years there have been a few subtle changes to the labelling of the LEDs which help to identify the approximate date of manufacture.

In terms of operating the system, we use a consistent programming method across all the Euro Range, so for the end user, with any user manual they would be able to access the standard options.

All our user manuals are free of charge for download at our Download Centre.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further help.

http://www.castle-caretech.com/outp-keypads.html

Archived