Security Installer Community

Managed Switches

james.wilson

Im looking for a switch (neednt be managed but i assume it needs to be) that will combine megabit ports into gigabit ports.

Basically i have a large site and we are running out of bandwidth using megabit switches. The ip cams are split over multiple servers on differnt ip's to minimise this impact but of course a switch can only connect cam to server at any one time. Im hoping to use a switch that would take say 10 megabit ports and combine them into a single gigabit. That way my camera count can increase as it needs to without hitting a bandwidth brick wall.

Any Suggestions?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

you can 'plonk' a modern swich straight on to the main switch some use the last post 'out' which you simply plug into a spare port upstream, speeds are auto detected so if your cams are 10's they work fine but won't work any quicker, the new switch will translate so interface to allow them to work.

Arfur

PS

would ask is it a CAT5e or CAT6 cabled network?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Read this a couple of time & have no real idea want you are on about......

I reading this as this ?

post-17668-024575700 1281274421_thumb.jp

24 10/100 ports with a pair of 10/100/1000(25+26) to join the swicthes up ?

I assume you mean something way more complex ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

nope

thats the idea but i need a swicth that will combine the traffic from a few 10/100 ports to get the best efficiency out of the gigabit port.

If you think that a switch just connects port to port for a split second then im never going to achieve any decent throughput until those packets are joined together.

But rather than connecting the gigabit uplink ports to a swicth they will be going into the hvr's

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived