Security Installer Community

One Panel To Rule Them All

r24977

lol, each to their own i suppose :). We don't bother with Gardtec. We did take one over that was fitted by a larger company. No zone names were programmed, 20 odd zones we had to re do. I personally thought the menu structure was all over the place, but I suppose that could be said over the TS stuff!. Here in the NW its very rare we see Castle care, never come across any of memeory. mainly Scanny/ADE/Galaxy lol.

Oooh one of my major gripes!!! In a domestic its easy, in a commercial the txt will get you to the area then maybe look for the detector number. I personally think its a bit lazy if its left as zone x :blush::whistle:

Oh i know, hopefully in the next few years touch centre type RKP's will become the norm, so much more info available to the end user. Just a cost issue at the mo imo

Anyway in the future on bigger systems, i'd like to see touch screen and maybe a usb type storage to up/download info onto a panel. I use the Honewell SPI key quite often, but i think a usb would be soooooooo much better/cheaper.

Oooh one of my major gripes!!! In a domestic its easy, in a commercial the txt will get you to the area then maybe look for the detector number. I personally think its a bit lazy if its left as zone x :blush::whistle:

qfa, point to area then use labels.

Sorry Dave your a lazy git :P

lol! I means its a bit slack to keep them as "Zone x" on the descriptor. The Gardtec i reprogrammed was in a large domestic, i'm sure they'd have loved labels stuck all over the sensors, hell they have a moan at the printed up lids we have :) :)

Sorry Dave your a lazy git :P

no there's a reason, had an edible oils place tried of board rm's becoming market rms, accounts dept moving about, labs changing to production ect... none of text ever matched the site, even with text the sub rarley gets it right

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived