Security Installer Community

Netgear Dg843

Adi

I connected me lappy to the above, used 192.168.0.1 to connect but wont have it, is there a way to find its address or should i say what's the easiest way to find it.

There are 2 b band lines in this building so i suppose it wouldnt be that bad to look at at network info on each of the computers, would this be the normal way??

This router is connected to atleast one or two rack mount switches some of it ppoe (or whatever it is, if i had a longer patch lead i would have tried connecting into the switch but i would of thought direct to the router should work.

cheers chaps

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I connected me lappy to the above, used 192.168.0.1 to connect but wont have it, is there a way to find its address or should i say what's the easiest way to find it.

There are 2 b band lines in this building so i suppose it wouldnt be that bad to look at at network info on each of the computers, would this be the normal way??

This router is connected to atleast one or two rack mount switches some of it ppoe (or whatever it is, if i had a longer patch lead i would have tried connecting into the switch but i would of thought direct to the router should work.

cheers chaps

cmd line

ipconfig

that will give you the pc ip address and should also give you the gateway. Normally, that would be the ip address you need to get into the router.

i plugged my lappy into the router and tried that, thought it would show us the info i needed, it didnt.

So i should do that on one of their computers?

cheers

i plugged my lappy into the router and tried that, thought it would show us the info i needed, it didnt.

So i should do that on one of their computers?

cheers

That would/should do it.

Did you try ipconfig /renew ?

You may find that the dhcp server has been stopped, so there will be nothing giving out address's. Some people setup networks without dhcp and stataically assign everything. If so as you have noted run ipconfig on a connected machine and it should give the relevant info. You will then need to use a spare address (can loosly check its spare by using ping) and get your laptop on the network that way. Then you can access the pages as needed.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You may find that the dhcp server has been stopped, so there will be nothing giving out address's. Some people setup networks without dhcp and stataically assign everything. If so as you have noted run ipconfig on a connected machine and it should give the relevant info. You will then need to use a spare address (can loosly check its spare by using ping) and get your laptop on the network that way. Then you can access the pages as needed.

Me!

Customers!

That would/should do it.

Did you try ipconfig /renew ?

I thought it should have.

No i didnt.

I see, i'll have a go tomorrow.

cheers

I thought it should have.

No i didnt.

I see, i'll have a go tomorrow.

cheers

router could also have mac addresses filtered to allow only 'accepted' machines to use the internet, seen this done to stop WiFi pirates instead of using WEP

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

mac filtering is very low sec, normally used as part of a solution not a solution on its own.

ive only seen this implemented on wifi links though, is it wifi, sorry if it is i missed that lol

don't shoot the messenger ;)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived