Security Installer Community

New Home Cctv

Arf

You actually looked at the site/kit??

Or perhaps wondered about the post?

sorry Cubit you - but you lost me?

i googled the kit supplier mentioned by o/p, mainly aimed at self install and seemed nothing overly special for that market imo.

James posted about he uses really high end kit, so i'm sort of helping to balance the need v costs for o/p for a home cctv system.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

sorry Cubit you - but you lost me?

i googled the kit supplier mentioned by o/p, mainly aimed at self install and seemed nothing overly special for that market imo.

James posted about he uses really high end kit, so i'm sort of helping to balance the need v costs for o/p for a home cctv system.

Arfur

Not wondered why the OP not been back yet?

Or why that company are appearing on all sorts of forums, facebook, youtube etc?

I find it odd that they have an online shop selling avarage cctv kit whilst they have just short of £1 million in cash from selling cars.

Not wondered why the OP not been back yet?

Or why that company are appearing on all sorts of forums, facebook, youtube etc?

I find it odd that they have an online shop selling avarage cctv kit whilst they have just short of £1 million in cash from selling cars.

all a bit deep for me :unsure:.

but b y coming in here, and me responding they are definately doomed - as they are firmly linked to me know lol!

Arfur

£1000 for four cameras a dvr and monitor sounds like a bargain! But you get what you pay for with CCTV, I was in Maplin the other day (I wasnt going to follow the missus round Pilot was I) they have CCTV kits for sale for £299 strangely they don't use them in their store instead they seemed to prefer those really expensive Panasonic cameras and those overpriced Dedicated Micros DVRs I wonder why?

I cant think what you would be getting for £1000 something with chingish instructions I suspect, Id go with Arfurs offer at least when it goes wrong you wont have to take it back yourself

Gloucestershire males swingers contacts and adult chat, dogging ...

nightrider1uk (51), Looking for fun. Hi married man looking for fun, age 48 but with a young attitide to life. Looking to have fun during the evening, ...

Hi could not put the _ in the profile hence the 1uk. Actually live in suffolk. came on this site looking for honest advice. Looks like I wasted my time if thats all the responders have to do.

£1000 for four cameras a dvr and monitor sounds like a bargain! But you get what you pay for with CCTV, I was in Maplin the other day (I wasnt going to follow the missus round Pilot was I) they have CCTV kits for sale for £299 strangely they don't use them in their store instead they seemed to prefer those really expensive Panasonic cameras and those overpriced Dedicated Micros DVRs I wonder why?

I cant think what you would be getting for £1000 something with chingish instructions I suspect, Id go with Arfurs offer at least when it goes wrong you wont have to take it back yourself

very true, and why i have my car fixed in a local garage, so i don't get my hands dirty, but do you advise he should he also go buy a Mercedes and chop the Skoda RS or whatever he is driving?

for domestic you over egging the cake imo dear boy, remember its me that installs it and i use a forums member trade supplier because i don't like to fit kit that go's wrong ;)

while i'd go Hi End for Hi risk sites you have just got to take a wider view imo,

if the o/p were to use your recommendation for kit, would he be able to get the best from it, or figure out whats wrong in a problem situation? his budget is £1k ish!, from me he would get a decent setup done and dusted for that, usual 2 years labour + 3 years kit with no quibbles, no mess.

even with the better budget kit i use, say he swaps it out after 3 years, he then gets another 2 years from me and another 3 years makers warranty (which imo will likely be 5 years by then).

so now cost out the difference between a DM etc. v My Budget kit, it could be said allowing for admitted reduced picture quality, which imo is likely to be more than acceptable and so pleased with on a domestic (btw i get no complaints and usually complements, even from the Police on my picture quality).

so by swapping out regularly, fault or no fault, he could get say 15+ years makers warranty alone, this way also offers better break down cover for near the same or far less outlay, and its spread over a longer period.

given the advances being made at the breakneck speed over the last few years, where even a budget camera is now offering 470+ tvl, a DM bought today while being reliable it will be 'old hat' within 5 years and near worthless commercially for HI End at that future time, for the same cost he could have have the latest wizzy's bits as well.

Arfur

Hi could not put the _ in the profile hence the 1uk. Actually live in suffolk. came on this site looking for honest advice. Looks like I wasted my time if thats all the responders have to do.

we do have some sad cases in here, but not all of us are ;).

Arfur

arf.

While i cant discount (and i dont) that on the right low risk job, budget kit does an excellent job. But without seeing the site or listening to the requirements you dont know that any dvr is suitable.

Look lets not have the debate here. I have softened my view on budget gear and do see that there are systems its ideal for. You must also concede that budget kit in some ways cannot offer what hi end kit does.

all i will say is i think £1k is low for a total budget, but what if i wanted a system and i aonly wanted to spend £350. Would you argue that 3 bits of **** would be better than less of better gear?

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You actually got some - first reply.

And nothing so far, including your only response, suggests your post was nothing more than google linking.

we do have some sad cases in here, but not all of us are ;).

Arfur

There you go again with the provocation!!

Everyone out of step except you.

Has suggested, have you actually looked up the kit and company in question?? Your replies certainly suggest not. All you've done is bang on about you you you. Nothing about the particular kit in question - and more pertinently, how any of it could be right for the OP (if it was genuine in the first place).

Ask yourself this. How did the OP decide to choose that company for the kit/offer?

Now go and

A) check the company and the kit out.

B ) Have a go at looking up cctv kit and see how long it takes before you finally land on that particular company.

arf.

While i cant discount (and i dont) that on the right low risk job, budget kit does an excellent job. But without seeing the site or listening to the requirements you dont know that any dvr is suitable.

Look lets not have the debate here. I have softened my view on budget gear and do see that there are systems its ideal for. You must also concede that budget kit in some ways cannot offer what hi end kit does.

all i will say is i think £1k is low for a total budget, but what if i wanted a system and i aonly wanted to spend £350. Would you argue that 3 bits of **** would be better than less of better gear?

James

No!

Arfur

//but i'd argue better than nothing at all ;)//

Hi

I am in the process of looking for a CCTV system for the external areas of the home and front pavement and road. Im looking at a 4 camera system from CCTV42 using 3.8 - 11mm lens and their diamond range open faced domes. Just wanted to know for others if thsy are any good before shelling out £1000.

Thanks

Colin

There are plenty of good suppliers out there for own installation offering better vfm imo.

As mentioned above, the likes of maplin are nationwide have tech back up etc.

I get the impression high end s/h motors aren't shifting too well at the mo. :whistle:

post-17665-014108400 1276943243_thumb.gi

Archived