Security Installer Community

In The Market For A New Test Monitor

Oxford

That was a good read but I think robustness is a big issue for me and I like the idea of the arm strap on the systemQ. Hmmmm..

We use same product re-badged from adata I can vouch for them as good

Guest RJBsec

Anyone know the battery charge life on the new Rapport - the original was utterly hopeless in maintaining its charge.

i also bought mine from SQ, not cheap but excellent unit.

shows handy signal voltage also has PTZ controls and a voltage meter reading option and sig gen to easily test monitors. convenient and straps to your arm, Li Ion battery, means life is very good as is the picture quality imo.

only thing better for focusing is a 17" LCD

Arf

just to add, if cost is an issue or you don't need all the fancy bits many 5" - 7" MP3 players have a video composite input.

i use one to take a shot of the picture after local camera is set up, like when the job can't be finished at the DVR end, to show client and handy for sales examples.

Arf

We use same product re-badged from adata I can vouch for them as good

iirc after i bought mine i spotted GTEC carry a very similar one to SQ's, at much cheaper price.

should mention SQ's unit comes wih cse and is very well protected against accidental drops by rubber surrounds

Arf

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest RJBsec

rog battery life is fine. Just remeber that shutting the lid doesnt shut it off. Id say 4 to 5 hours on a charge tops.

About 4 hours better than the original then.

rog battery life is fine. Just remeber that shutting the lid doesnt shut it off. Id say 4 to 5 hours on a charge tops.

About 4 hours better than the original then.

How did you find out it was 4-5 hours? surely you weren't up a ladder that long lol?

Archived