Security Installer Community

Ias Bellbox

I've just a couple of questions about these as I am in the process of getting some designs done

What works best a white background or the navy one, my current box has a navy background

Did you get the post cards and did they work

Have you had anyone say it looked c##p

How much does it cost.

As we are in public feel free to pm me

Thanks

jim

I've just a couple of questions about these as I am in the process of getting some designs done

What works best a white background or the navy one, my current box has a navy background

How much does it cost.

Thanks

jim

Yellow backgrounds always stand out more than any other bell box, pity yellow doesnt go with my logo

just purely my observation based on 27 years sole tradng,

tbh and imho the bell design or even the colour unless really ugly, has very little impact on producing new sales.

very rare a client asks to see a sample of the siren during the sales visit, you are normally there becaus you have been recommended, or your on the list the insurrance company suggested as an Inspectorate Installer.

hands up those who have actually been asked for a sample of the siren to be used on more than 2% of sales calls? and ten it is usually the main contractor on a site where multiple dwelling are, because they want uniformity.

only when up, if ugly or loud looking some will ask for a different option, others prefer more discrete plain covers even have it mounted around the side, out of normal view - no matter what you advise them to do.

what can possible aid some additional sales is the saturation of you cover in a small area, but again not significantly so.

early days i had my company name on my covers, but when clients moved out without informing me, the power gets turned off and i get a 3am call when the batteries died, either from local or the Police to attend and disconnect. they won't sign giving their authority (and so the responsibility if the place is subsequently burgled) or pay you for the call. so so no client = no money and your in an impossible position.

i have even been called out by the Police after neighbours reported an alarm sounding. what they were hearing was the smoke alarms activating, which i had nothing to do with (linked battery detectors installed by sparks), but the WPC insisted it was the intruder alarm system, even though i could hear it was the smokes sounding over her phone, again no sign so no visit.

i have also been called because the system next door to one of mine or even over the road on one occasion has activated, and not ceased to sound, but they ring my number because the one on that bell no longer answers the call, i don't see that as a viable sales lead.

for those reason, i used plain siren covers for many years, and i still got the same level of increasing sales.

modern system design means i now again use sirens with labeled lids, but the odd bell cover in an area which is outside my strong zones, is not going to have clients flocking to have my systems - not even if the cover is gold plated and studded with diamonds for the strobe.

as for printing costs, if you buy a minimum amount of covers it is often free from that manufacturer, as is the art work.

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

There was an article in one of the trade mags and this particular company claimed to be installing 3 new boxes per day.

According to the rep the postcard scheme generates a lot of sales

It's the cost of the unit I was on about not the actual printing, as it's free.

I have to get this from Northern Ireland and afaik it's not available in the republic and I have yet to see one down here

Jim

There was an article in one of the trade mags and this particular company claimed to be installing 3 new boxes per day.

According to the rep the postcard scheme generates a lot of sales

It's the cost of the unit I was on about not the actual printing, as it's free.

I have to get this from Northern Ireland and afaik it's not available in the republic and I have yet to see one down here

Jim

Whats the postcard scheme?

Its true nobody goes looking at bell boxes apart from us, occasionally a customer new to the area may look round to see who is most popular in the street. The yellow ones do strand out more,one of my competitors uses yellow I always notice when he has a new customer

Prefer the bike. Full dress Electraglide innit?

Same as the one I rode about in Florida with :D

old mans Harley davidson just before he took it St Tropez - RoadKing?

How much does it cost.

Thanks

jim

The box works because of the color background being negative, and the fact it`s not a text based logo.

The post cards are good for giving us a reason to get back in touch with "lost" customers.

Only had one out of 100 plus not want the backlite.

Whats the postcard scheme?

Its true nobody goes looking at bell boxes apart from us, occasionally a customer new to the area may look round to see who is most popular in the street. The yellow ones do strand out more,one of my competitors uses yellow I always notice when he has a new customer

http://www.info4security.com/story.asp?sectioncode=15&storycode=4123831

Not today, total strangers stop me in the street to ask about them

Was looking at yours on the new Risco box the other day, not bad.

the one with a torch superglued on to front? stops people in their tracks too - hard to drive and laugh at the same time

Fitted a couple of the new risco units the other week when they were short on the others, i thought they were a massive improvement on the pyronix patchy light ones.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived