Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial Wireless System?

• 5 months later...

to be brutally honest...they are utter garbage!

my company are throwing them in as if the world depended on them, and as a service engineer, the amount of times i've been called out the same day, or day after the installation because of faults, says it all to me.

not every installation is suited to RF systems....especially not new builds with foil backed gyproc walls, they just play havoc with the radio signals. forget about old houses with 3ft thick walls as well, and anything that has a steel infrastructure...in fact, the only place i'd trust a domonial to work properly in, is a wooden box, in the middle of a field!

seriously, they are a service nightmare! i'm changing at least 3 per month to galaxy G2's due to supervisory faults, etc, and have to say, i've never been back to one thats been replace with the Galaxy

Every day is a school day

you like the domonial then? lol

the gear is the same on the g2 and the domonial so i would say whatever problem your having is domonial panel based. I must admit im not a fan of that panel either but do like the radio system (when on a gal)

but have you looked at the texecom new wireless kit. Should solve the issues with foil backed plasterbaord etc. I reakon it would work in a steel construct building too.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

it is the absolute bane of my life mr wilson lol!!!!

totally agree with you, uses the same equipment as the G2, but in my experience, ever since they came to the scene, ive known nothing but trouble with them....its actuallt got to the stage where, if a problem happens with a domonial, and a battery/detector change doesnt rectify it, i just whip it out.

although, i must say, i bet it's something to do with the positioning of the portal on the G2...most domonials ive seen, the panels are in electrical cupboards, next to the mains, whereas, when i change them out to a G2, i fit the RF portal just above head height, and usually a few feet away from any seeable interference

id agree, but shows a potential weakness. Never fitted the domonial cos i didnt like the way it programmed (well the first one needed the palm).

But we have never had an issue on the wireless G2 on the few we have fitted. Much much better than the old wireless rio

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

put it this way....any panel that requires a 10 digit code to perform an engineer reset aint worth **** :no:

G2 rf has come on leaps and bounds in the past year or so, i would actually consider fitting one in my house....legit, of course :whistle:

Archived