Security Installer Community

Zone Setup

HI,

I have been running a Texecom Premier 48 for about a year now with a PIR as the Entry/Exit 1 which has worked fine, when you arm the panel and walk out the secondary arm tones start when the PIR picks up movement.

This weekend I have installed a read switch to the front door, set this to Entry/Exit 1. All works fine.

however on re-entry when the front door opens the entry/exit process starts and about 2 seconds later the panel goes to full alarm, checking the log the PIR in the hall way is setting this off.

I have changed the Zone1 from "Entry/Exit 1" to "Guard Access" and this still results in an alarm condition when re-entering. I am gathering that the PIR is picking up the door opening before the reed switch is activating the entry/exit process.

If I change the Zone1 to "Guard" with the attribute 1 "access" then the same happens.

Is there an easy fix - I would like to continue using the PIR if I can rather than just disabling it.

Thanks

Also make sure the door contact is a lower zone number than the pir.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Also make sure the door contact is a lower zone number than the pir.

I don't use the Premier so I don't know.

Why does the door contact have to be on a lower zone number than the PIR, surely the zone attributes should be all that is needed?

Is it really that critical with this panel?

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

it is with most, if not all panels.

The panel processes signals in order so if 2 signals come in at the same time it will action the lower number first.

One thing the castle is good for here as it waits 5 seconds after an exit has gone waiting for an entry circuit.

Cracking idea god knows where or who it came from...

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

it is with most, if not all panels.

The panel processes signals in order so if 2 signals come in at the same time it will action the lower number first.

I never knew that .... but we always put doors on the first zones, so it isn't a problem that we would ever have noticed.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

I checked with Texecom. They confirmed James' explanation ... and added that this problem has only surfaced relatively recently because the panels and movement detectors have become so fast ... faster than the mechanical door contacts can operate.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Guest RJBsec

In the past it was a problem with Menvier panels (e.g. TS690iD) where the final exit was taken off one of the keypad zones, (zone 31 or 32), and entry was zone 1-8; Menvier changed the software to compensate.

Archived