Security Installer Community

Is A Master Blaster What We Need

petej

Hi All

My next door neighbour has just been burgled. They had brought there own ladders and foamed his bell box They also cut the mains wire to his security light tripping off the mains power. The police said that the best deterrent was probably a very loud internal sounder I was thinking a Master Blaster but as these need a mains supply it would not have worked in this instance or am I missing something and are they compatible with a Texecom Veritas 8 control panel.

many thanks

pete

just loud internal sounder and a dual communication device sould do, also putting bell box as high as posible and even could fit one in the loft next to the eve,s so can still be herd outside

Guest old-hand
Hi All

My next door neighbour has just been burgled. They had brought there own ladders and foamed his bell box They also cut the mains wire to his security light tripping off the mains power. The police said that the best deterrent was probably a very loud internal sounder I was thinking a Master Blaster but as these need a mains supply it would not have worked in this instance or am I missing something and are they compatible with a Texecom Veritas 8 control panel.

many thanks

pete

Sounds to me they knew what they wanted, not many bring their own ladders, foam and cut the mains as a spur of the moment robbery.

Sounds to me they knew what they wanted, not many bring their own ladders, foam and cut the mains as a spur of the moment robbery.

QFA

I have never seen that done on a domestic property.

Personally I would not use a master blaster but I would consider a second external sounder and a self activating internal sounder as well.

A monitored system should also be a consideration and as others have suggested a good risk assesment would be a good idea.

seen some thing like that done to a home and a shop, but probly best as not to go in to detail on how they went about it in public ;)

comes down to how fast can you get the ladders off and then back on to your car/van? i would say thay only took light out so thay were not seen not to trip mains, but as i said only so much detail you can go in to, there are other things that i would have expected to see if they did not know what system was there but carnt really say so openly,

Archived