Security Installer Community

Texecom Md Hits Out At Home Office Moves

James Ludwig, MD of intruder alarm manufacturer Texecom (pictured with Peter Harries receiving the PSI Premier Award 2008 for Intruder Alarm product of the year), has taken a step to try and highlight the need for professionally installed security systems, following the news that the Government is to introduce a 'voucher scheme' to help the vulnerable secure their homes. The vouchers will cover products from DIY stores, and a 'Handyman' fund is also to be set up.

Ludwig's letter to the Times reads as follows.

for the rest see below

http://newsletter.proactivpubs.co.uk/NewsT...p;ArticleID=751

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The key phrase I see here is "to help the vulnerable secure their homes"

By vulnerable, I think they mean pensioners, the unemployed and others who are unlikely to be in a position to afford a UKAS accredited company to install an all singing, all dancing system.

Stop and think about it for a moment. Is there really anything wrong with what they are trying to do ?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Guest RJBsec
Stop and think about it for a moment. Is there really anything wrong with what they are trying to do ?

Yes I believe there is, they are creating a false sense of security - better to provide the means of getting proper crime prevention information and guidance than a B&Q voucher.

By vulnerable, I think they mean pensioners, the unemployed and others who are unlikely to be in a position to afford a UKAS accredited company to install an all singing, all dancing system.

Presumably to help the vulnerable warm their homes, ok to let jack-of-all-trades fit a 10 bob boiler then.

i stopped and thought...........

Although their intentions are good i think it is mis-guided, this will encourage people to buy what they think is a effective way of securing their home and get 'cousin bill who is good with electrics etc' to fit it for them and they will end up with a system that has wires clipped around their rooms below coving and those ugly surface contacts on all the doors and windows!!.

A proper approach would have been to have a properly funded scheme where a properly certified company designs and fits the system under a grant scheme but as we all know this would cost a small fortune to fund and roll out nationwide so they have brought out a system that grabs the headlines, makes Ms Smith look good but under scrutiny is a total waste of tax payer s money

just my opinion

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Yes, there's a lot wrong with it. They are once again throwing away MY money on a scheme which is designed to make the government more popular with 'vulnerable' people. Do you really think the home secretary gives a fig about the security of these people? No way Pedro. She just wants to keep her government in office.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

While i agree with the accredited companies on this one and do recall seeing the original story a few weeks ago i expected spmeone to have a moan on here about it then.

Now Mr Texecom has opened his gob about it i find from him its a bit hypocritical seeing his company is happy to sell the most popular diy panel on the market namely the Veritas 8.

Mr fastalarms must be rubbing his mits with glee lol!

Archived