Security Installer Community

Info Please

Johnny

Just fitted one of these, its a budget Dvr from Alarm Supplies. Its only a one camera job, picture on the camera is perfect but when connected through the dvr its not so good as if it needs terminating. Its was late tonight while trying to finish the job an need to attend again this week.......

Anyone used these.

r441l.jpg

if you have a test mon put it between the two and see if video drops when you pluged in dvr, if it dose could be dying camera or dvr ch fault, try difrent load for camera eg big mon/tv and see if same happens if this is poor video then camera or ground loop fault or cable at fault, if no help try pluging in sky/freeview box or spare camera to the dvr and see if same happens with the new feed, if it is a ground loop problem a humbug could crack it, also i know this is basic have you belled out cable? eg shorts including above kohm or shorts to earth? also is voltage at the camra ok? dying camra or low power camera can look as though bad termination just not got power to drive dvr but would look ok on test mon,

hope this helps though feel im pounting out the usual but maby it helps to see from fresh eyes

though unit dose look very basic

Well Ive just tried the unit at home on a 22 in tv and works fine. The picture loose's the quality a touch but not really noticable. So my thoughts are the customers tv as its a 50 in screen.

Anyone else had this?????

That DVR I suspect will record in CIF format at best which is 352X288 and you are scaling it up to try to fit a screen that is 1920x1080 and 50 inches diagonal, that is going to make any camera look //.B.W.F.//.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

His own choice as its small and doesnt make any noise

Thanks for your help.......................

his choice?

oh well his problem then

but as above even a good pal camera aint gonna look great blown up that big. Id say he needs some high def cctv.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If it's just a one camera job, the live view doesn't need to go through the DVR. Don't know if that info. will help you.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

He has a GJD pir on the front door so when it bleeps he can turn to the av channel and view. When I put images to the usb then to the laptop it not great but ok for a cheap system.

Here is a pic. The camera is not in the correct position yet ............

photo20test.jpg

Archived