Security Installer Community

Advice On Quote Would Be Greatly Appreciated

I am considering upgrading the alarm system in the house I've bought.

It has a scantronic 9600 control panel which is staying in place. The Scantronic 9625 keypads (2) are to be upgraded to Gardtec 595Ms.

All of the existing PIRs and door contacts are staying in place except for one which is to be replaced (on its existing wiring). The siren box and dummy box are to be upgraded too. In addition the battery in the control panel will be replaced.

The only other work involved is to move the upstairs keypad from one wall (which is due to be removed) to another (a physical distance of three feet).

I've been quoted

I am considering upgrading the alarm system in the house I've bought.

It has a scantronic 9600 control panel which is staying in place. The Scantronic 9625 keypads (2) are to be upgraded to Gardtec 595Ms.

All of the existing PIRs and door contacts are staying in place except for one which is to be replaced (on its existing wiring). The siren box and dummy box are to be upgraded too. In addition the battery in the control panel will be replaced.

The only other work involved is to move the upstairs keypad from one wall (which is due to be removed) to another (a physical distance of three feet).

I've been quoted

The Scantronic 9625 keypads (2) are to be upgraded to Gardtec 595Ms.

Have not read any more, but, above won't work.

Scantronic panel, Scantronic Keypads

Gardtec panel, Gardtec Keypads

Galaxy panel, Galaxy Keypads

etc

etc

etc

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest RJBsec
get 3 Quotes.

Absolutely!

Either you haven't understood what was said or your potential installer is in fact a plumber.

Look for 3 SSAIB and/or NSI installers in your area for a full risk assessment and quotation.

The chances that I haven't understood the quote are reasonably good - sorry that I wasn't more accurate.

I've just re-read all the details and you experts are, of course, quite right. The upgrade includes upgrading the control box (which I think is the Gardtec bit) and replacing the keypads with, I've now realised, Scantronic 9943-EN keypads (x2).

So... I'd be getting one new Optex MX40QZ detector, a new 7amp battery, a new siren and dummy box for

lol, think you missed the point.

Gardtec control panel = Gardtec keypads

Scantronic control panel = scantronic keypads

If you are this unsure, scan the quote and upload it to the site.

Curious. This is definitely what it says (i.e. a Gardtec 595M 8-40 zone control panel and replacing the 2 keypads with Scantronic 9943-EN LCD keypads incorporating a proximity reader).

I'm now very confused.

Time to get two more quotes, I think.

Thanks.

Archived