Security Installer Community

Which System? Scanrronic 9651 Or Veritas Excel

What's best -

salt 'n' vinegar or cheese 'n' onion,

ford mondeo or vauxhal vectra,

rasberry ripple or mint choc chip

etc etc etc

can you fit it?

are you an alarm engineer, electrician, plumber, brain surgeon, shelf stacker etc etc etc

try telling us more information about you, your abilities and what drew you to theses panel etc 1st please.

cheers

C.

basicly want it installed, not a fitter myself, nothing specific on the models just been looking at these two, have previously had a veritas r8 which was ok, thought this time to check out of these two models, just need a decent wired system with one door contact, 3 pir's etc, are these models any good, scantronic one not the best look but wanted to know if its a better alarm system then the excel though, or any other a good reccomend..

cheers doggy

You'll find installers on here who use either, both or none of the panels mentioned.

You'll also find some are nsi approved, ssaib approved or not either.

best advice may be more related to what you want from the alarm regards features and ease of use , what your insurance may require (if anything) and then quality of installation (workmanship) followed by customer service then finally total price including all service and support costs.

i'm no real help as I only do fire but I'm sure others will be along soon enough nearer 5pm and therafter who can help

C.

:)

Guest RJBsec

Scantronic are good installer panels but if going for the 9651 make sure it's 9651EN to comply with the latest EN standards, Texecom are also very popular, some might say too popular - they are not my favourite. If I was quoting I'd be recommending a Galaxy G2, but that would only be suitable for you if you have a local installer who can maintain it.

As you're going to get it professionally installed I would recommend that you get say 4 quotes from local installers, (2 SSAIB and 2 NSI) and see what they recommend to you - compare prices and specifications and come back here with any questions you may have.

Out of the two I prefer the Texecom but make certain that the Zone wiring is in DEOL format to do away with the global tamper loop, but I would sooner go for the Premier if you want a Texecom (ideally the 88 - anything smaller has some features cut down) but it depends how much you want to spend - how high is up?

You sound like you found the Veritas R8 a bit underwheming the Excel would be a step up but the real next level would be a Texecom Premier (if you want to stay with Texecom). But as you point out it is not a big system and the Premier is probably total overkill - but there is nothing stopping you getting one if you feel the need - you just have to accept it will cost more and will also cost more to install but you may then be totally happy with it - it is up to you!

If I was quoting I'd be recommending a Galaxy G2, but that would only be suitable for you if you have a local installer who can maintain it.
is the Galaxy a Scantronic or totaly different system
I would recommend that you get say 4 quotes from local installers, (2 SSAIB and 2 NSI) and see what they recommend to you -
no idea what those mean, which one is more impotant from the two,

i have someone coming on on weekend whos(SSAIB), he said it will be a scantronic, not mentioned what model or owt as yet, can you guys give me an idea what to look out for, what model and upwards or anything else.

thanks

Archived