Security Installer Community

Which System? Scanrronic 9651 Or Veritas Excel

thanks hpotter nicely explained, had afew issues with the installer or am i incorrect and supposed to be this way:

1) Control Panel - was gonna fix the system in kitchen at the top close to ceiling and keypad in living room next to entrance

2) PIR'S - was not going to chase wires through floorboards above but striaght accross to other side of kitchen and living room(basicly you could see the cables going accross to each PIR)

2) Bellbox - was going to drill through the kitchen and out, (last alarm i had they drilled it out of bedroom to outside so was quite high outside) not sure how low this guy was going to have it on the outside.

I think the system was a 9651UK and keypad 9941EN, he didnt seem to like being questioned on anything, didnt want to explain anything, i had to virtualy ask him these things and still didnt get answers in full.

am i being silly or was the system above worth getting installed for

Guest RJBsec
1) Control Panel - was gonna fix the system in kitchen at the top close to ceiling and keypad in living room next to entrance

2) PIR'S - was not going to chase wires through floorboards above but striaght accross to other side of kitchen and living room(basicly you could see the cables going accross to each PIR)

2) Bellbox - was going to drill through the kitchen and out, (last alarm i had they drilled it out of bedroom to outside so was quite high outside) not sure how low this guy was going to have it on the outside.

1) Would concern me if he was making an electrical connection in the kitchen unless Part P qualified.

2) That would just worry me - I've had wives ringing me asking me to reinstall after their DIY husbands have done this!

Phrase comes to mind, "You get what you pay for!".

doggy 2 things that concern me

and

its cheap. And that is why the guy knows little about what he is fitting and doesnt want you to ask too mnay questions on what he knows little about.

Now you need to ask yourself. If you have a problem after you have paid for it, will he come back? and if he does will he be able to fix it?

I agree with Redbull but would add the following.

The price is exceptionally cheap and probably cheap because he is going to throw it in!

It sounds like he is fitting the system in the easiest possible way (surface wiring, low level sounder etc) to keep costs down to win the job.

It may still conform to the standards but my advice would be to get a few quotes, a genuine installer who is more interested in your needs will have no problem standing his ground and answering reasonable questions.

If hidden wiring is critical to you (and it would be to me) make sure he clarifies this point, alaso clarify the position of the external sounder, on an audible only system it's important to get it as high as is reasonably possible allowing for future maintenance.

Archived