Security Installer Community

Texecom Instal List

psc916

Guest old-hand
No, i just thought 2 D/Ts for a garage was possibly excessive, 10/15mtr range on D/T's?

2x DT`s in same area for a quicker "confirmed" ?

No, i just thought 2 D/Ts for a garage was possibly excessive, 10/15mtr range on D/T's?

Oh that's ok but the garage is has a dividing wall with internal dorway between to split it into garage & workshop - so one detector for each 'area' which I assume is correct? cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Do not get a Premier 48 get a Premier 88 - the 48 has too much cut down the 88 can also send texts to more numbers I seem to remember also has on board relay and second data bus if memory serves.

Texecom technical quite dismissive of 48 once with the quote "well if it was for my own house not some customer I wouldn't get anything less than the 88 too much is taken out of the 48 not just the obvious stuff either" that has always stuck in my mind - make sure you get the latest software and I think there should also be no fuses on the Control Panel PCB and the Zone Expander should also have the fuse done away with - they are now all polyfuses - don't let anyone sell you old stock.

I wouldnt have a 24, I've only got an 88 cos I wanted the 3 extra outputs on the panel.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

If I had wanted a 640, I would have got one for free from Texecom like I got all the equipment in my house, but its all about horses for courses.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived