Alarm systems choices for  

40 members have voted

1. 1. which of the following you'd recommend

• Gardtec 595 + GTX wireless
    • Honeywell Galaxy G2-20
    • Scantronic Homelink 55 + SD2 dialer
    • Another system like Visonic Powermax + or io-16

I would not have one. I will stick with the Mk7

we have 2 mk7 keypads here ;) great panel to work on, only trhing that bugs me about galkaxy is you cannot lock engineers code :realmad:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

some would say thats a plus.

But no i have a G3 144 and a Mk7

how come you have g3, or was it a practise panel so you knew what to do onsite :lol: :lol:

Only pulling your leg redbull, top man cheers

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

system was graded ie installed after BS4737 was withdrawn. G3-48 wasnt available at the time so i had to use a 144. I would prefer a dimension but that can wait for my next house. In fact i might even install a powermax as i feel there are things it does better in the domestic environment. Also i cant make my galaxy speak lol (well technically i could but its not a simple task)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest old-hand
how come you have g3, or was it a practise panel so you knew what to do onsite :lol: :lol:

Only pulling your leg redbull, top man cheers

Mines a G3, that is all i`m saying.

Ofcourse, but why run cables and redecorate if a wireless PIR & detector will cost the same and do the job. Plus, it has the potential to add more detectors in the future.

Also, if you move house you can easily take it with you (If necessary). Also makes it easier to relocate the detectors to another location if you need to.

If your getting a pro to fit it I am sure they will be able to run cables without the need to redecorate. Have they said there unable to run two new cables without the need to redecorate?

Wireless pir's are dearer than wired.

I am not in the trade but imo if a cable can be ran (with minimal damage) then that

Guest RJBsec
Anyone know why this thread comes up on new posts everyday, yet (apart from this one) no posts have been added for sometime?

It resurfaces every time someone adds a vote :)

Archived