Terry

Alarm systems choices for  

40 members have voted

1. 1. which of the following you'd recommend

• Gardtec 595 + GTX wireless
    • Honeywell Galaxy G2-20
    • Scantronic Homelink 55 + SD2 dialer
    • Another system like Visonic Powermax + or io-16

its a doddle to use especially if using prox.

Its just not the most simple panel to get your head round when configuring. But thats the installers issue. I find em easy and love em.

People that dont use them regulally say that, so dont worry

Good point, as long as it does what i want it to do; without giving any problems.

- Easy to set/unset for my son & parents

- Easy to part set for the nights

- Send SMS to the relevant phone numbers with the correct info (alarm, alarm & faults or All events)

- And no false alarms

BTW I was thinking of adding a wireless smoke alarm to the system and wonder what do you people think of that? I was actually wondering if smoke is detected will the external sounder go off, or just the internal sounder or is it programmable?

Also, will the system send a text message indicating that it is a smoke alarm?

The reason I ask, is that I was told that if the system is monitored, the Control station would know if the alarm is intruder (call the police) or smoke (call fire brigade).

Good point, as long as it does what i want it to do; without giving any problems.

- Easy to set/unset for my son & parents

- Easy to part set for the nights

- Send SMS to the relevant phone numbers with the correct info (alarm, alarm & faults or All events)

- And no false alarms

BTW I was thinking of adding a wireless smoke alarm to the system and wonder what do you people think of that? I was actually wondering if smoke is detected will the external sounder go off, or just the internal sounder or is it programmable?

Also, will the system send a text message indicating that it is a smoke alarm?

The reason I ask, is that I was told that if the system is monitored, the Control station would know if the alarm is intruder (call the police) or smoke (call fire brigade).

it would be programmable on a seperate output on the panel i think :hmm: im sure redbull will confirm :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

easy to set yes

easy to part set yes

sends sms and is configurable to what is sent to each number

Very stable panel

it will set both the internal and the external sounder off.

If the system is monitored and set up for police response then yes the arc can call the police. And the brigade but id advise caution with this on a non 5839 complaint system

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

easy to set yes

easy to part set yes

sends sms and is configurable to what is sent to each number

Very stable panel

it will set both the internal and the external sounder off.

If the system is monitored and set up for police response then yes the arc can call the police. And the brigade but id advise caution with this on a non 5839 complaint system

oh now i didnt realise that redbull, i would have thought that it was output programmable...

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

not on a g2

If you program the circuit as FIRE then it will fire the bells and internals. If however you program it as say tamper then only the internals would go when unset. However this is not standard and tbh id want my external bell to go off

if you think it might false alarm then its the wrong sensor in the wrong place, and you shouldnt even be considering brigade calling if you think its going to activate regually when your home

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

not on a g2

If you program the circuit as FIRE then it will fire the bells and internals. If however you program it as say tamper then only the internals would go when unset. However this is not standard and tbh id want my external bell to go off

if you think it might false alarm then its the wrong sensor in the wrong place, and you shouldnt even be considering brigade calling if you think its going to activate regually when your home

out of all the galaxy panel which do you or did you lik the most? i liked the gal 60

G3 48, 96 dimension

Saying that fitted a G2, 44 last week with 17 hard wired zones and 16 RF devices, install went very well and a lot less programming than the G3.

dimension 520

thats got the touch centre, hasnt it, bet youve got that where you live havent you ;)

Archived