Security Installer Community

Interference On Cat5

daubs8

is the dome earthed ie to case connected to a mains earth or building earth?

if so is the coax shield connected to the case as well?

isolate that and id bet your noise will go away.

unless its a 2060 lol had a few issues with these and noise and the only way we could fix em was to pull em out and use spectra 4's

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

is the dome earthed ie to case connected to a mains earth or building earth?

if so is the coax shield connected to the case as well?

isolate that and id bet your noise will go away.

unless its a 2060 lol had a few issues with these and noise and the only way we could fix em was to pull em out and use spectra 4's

CAT5

Is it in the form of two horizontal lines filled with wavy lines ?

If it is, its sounds like 100Hz hum ( 1 horizontal line would be 50Hz ) and is probably something to do with the power supply. AFAIK the only place your likely to find 100Hz is the output from a bridge rectifier.

Could be an earth loop, try adding a loop isolating tranny to prove it, or an isolating balun. Or see if you can physically isolate the camera itself from earth temporarily, including the earth lead in the PSU.

What's special about these? Are they plastic encased with no earth connection??

I has never seen one....

:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

CAT5

and?

the 2060's i had issues with (granted longer distances) were on cat 5 too. Tried everything, in the end put up a test cam and no more problem, so wapped dome. Still no problem. I do reakon however it was coming up the mains whatever it was and thes cams were mounted on a sub station so id assume it was that

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

and?

the 2060's i had issues with (granted longer distances) were on cat 5 too. Tried everything, in the end put up a test cam and no more problem, so wapped dome. Still no problem. I do reakon however it was coming up the mains whatever it was and thes cams were mounted on a sub station so id assume it was that

Def seems like mains hum as it apparently only appears when machines are running. Some old crappy motor giving out a load of noise possibly??

What's special about these? Are they plastic encased with no earth connection??

I has never seen one....

No direct connection so isolates the earth, Humbug is / has become the generic term.

It's on Cat5 m8. The picture is fine at the dome, it is definitely interference through the Cat5.

A battery powered test monitor isnt earthed, so the effects the same....... signal cable only earthed at one end.

come across this before, more than likely cheap baluns but either way you'll need the humbug

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

No direct connection so isolates the earth, Humbug is / has become the generic term.

A battery powered test monitor isnt earthed, so the effects the same....... signal cable only earthed at one end.

I know what you mean now!

Bah humbug!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Def seems like mains hum as it apparently only appears when machines are running. Some old crappy motor giving out a load of noise possibly??

Possibly hit the nail on the head. Could be there are no suppressors and the loading itself is causing issues with the voltage.

You could check by putting the DVR and monitor through UPS with a cleaner output. Mains suppression filters would be ok but they would not necessarily even out any voltage fluctuations caused by adverse loading.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Archived