Security Installer Community

Public House Alarm Grades

Hi all,

after a little help in settling an argument I have been having.

What grade of alarm would you class a public house under, in my eyes there would be a resonable high chance of a public house getting turned over due having such items as fruit machines, Fag Machines, booze and cash on the premises therefore would class as a Grade 3 installation.

Other people tell me that they would fit a Grade 2 installation as they are low risk.

What does people think ???

depends n the pub and area etc.

I dont think you can catagorically say that all pubs regardless will be 2 or 3.

i would say that due to easy public access, high cash, fags etc i would probably RA G3

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

depends n the pub and area etc.

I dont think you can catagorically say that all pubs regardless will be 2 or 3.

i would say that due to easy public access, high cash, fags etc i would probably RA G3

but what about pub/resturants that dont have fags, and cash machines, and gambling machines etc?? what about those types.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

again i dont know and cant really comment without seeing them.

The public access one IMO doesnt really alter the risk much of masking etc as all the bulk of masking attempts / detection of are usually from staff etc or in areas not with general public access.

Most on here will know that i RA a lot more as G3 than most but that isnt the subject here.

I do feel that you cant just say 'its a pub so its GX' without seeing it and knowing the details of the risk. If your in doubt then err on the side of caution ond RA G3.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If in doubt, you (or someone with the correct knowledge) should carry out a risk assessment and then get the pub to check with their insurers that they are happy with the grading you propose.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

its a public house , so there is every chance that you are gona get some one who is quite capable of putting a fag paper over one of the pirs ,, sooner or later

so wouldnt think twice about sticking anti mask pir s

grade 3

its a public house , so there is every chance that you are gona get some one who is quite capable of putting a fag paper over one of the pirs ,, sooner or later

grade 3

Wonder how we'd get on with a/m if the smoking ban was lifted?

grade 3

But that wouldn't make it a grade 3 installation

Wonder how we'd get on with a/m if the smoking ban was lifted?

Won't happen

Not so sure. The rate pubs been closing before the CC and the rate to come, reckon by next xmas there will only be one left next to the B & H factory.

I'd be down grading from G3 to G2. Sod the call outs.

You had a bad day or something?

Archived