Security Installer Community

Hi Folks, New To The Site, Need Some Help

nickgreer

Hi Folks,

Nick here from Stoke, Staffs. I am looking for some help, have been doing Sales for 15 years but after a lifestyle change and looking to get into CCTV/Fire Installation. Have some minor experience installing small camera systems and about 8 years ago worked at British Sugar in Telford and run all cables for Access/ cam/ IR/ into new control room.

I understand this would effectively be a trainee position but not afraid of hard work and willing to get stuck in

If anyone knows of any vacancies or can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful

Hi Nick.

VERY bad time to try to get into any industry TBH but contact some agencies such as - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Cont...itesponsors.asp

If they tell you your gonna struggle your only option is to go door-2-door on every company local to you in the yellow pages.

Steep hill IMO but good luck all the same!

C.

Hi Nick.

VERY bad time to try to get into any industry TBH but contact some agencies such as - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Cont...itesponsors.asp

If they tell you your gonna struggle your only option is to go door-2-door on every company local to you in the yellow pages.

Steep hill IMO but good luck all the same!

C.

Thanks buddy, I am ready to hit the local companies tomorrow, see what that brings

I Take it the (lol) is to ridicule, or am i wrong ?

I think he was trying to point out that you won't have companies queueing up to employ you ...... a trainee usually costs the company several thousand pounds before they're of any use. When things are busy we need to train new guys, but in quiet times few companies will have the need or desire for it.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

I think he was trying to point out that you won't have companies queueing up to employ you ...... a trainee usually costs the company several thousand pounds before they're of any use. When things are busy we need to train new guys, but in quiet times few companies will have the need or desire for it.

Understandable,

But the reason why i joined this forum was to seek advice and at the end of the day everyone must learn the job at some point

This is the information I am seeking and a chance to improve my life for my family and me

Archived