Security Installer Community

Hi Folks, New To The Site, Need Some Help

nickgreer

Hello Nick, from a fellow Potter (Baddeley Green, duck)

I'd try the following for the sort of foot in the door you're after......

Security Services in Stoke.

JPR Engineering in Stoke.

ADB Alarms, (think they're in Werrington?)

Failing that, I've a few mates who are 2 or 3 man subbie teams. I can pass on their numbers if you're stuck but, it's a different type of working. You'll be grafting at pulling in cables and I doubt you'll get much time/opportunity to get your head round kit.

If you get interest from other firms, give me a bell & I'll tell you if they're worth a toss....

Steve, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. In case I'm breaching rules by putting my number on here, get your posts up to 15 and you can send me a PM.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Hi Nick

Didnt mean to offend (scottish humour!) Seriously if you have spare time and its something you really want to do the alternative approach to prospective employers may be to offer yourself free for a given time each week and as long as you dont get one that will take the pzz they might run with it.

Lol........ Lots of luck

Wilks

Hi Nick

Didnt mean to offend (scottish humour!) Seriously if you have spare time and its something you really want to do the alternative approach to prospective employers may be to offer yourself free for a given time each week and as long as you dont get one that will take the pzz they might run with it.

Lol........ Lots of luck

Wilks

I agree with this advice, experince is everything in this industry and your willingness to do a bit of voluntary work will give you valuable experince and will demonstrate a good attitude to future employers.

Another thing you could do is buy some equipment and rig it up on a bench, do some experiments perhaps fit a system in your own home.

It all helps you to learn and helps you to talk with a bit of confindence if you get an interview.

Best of luck, I had over 25 years in the industry and you could do a lot worse.

No risk of being judgemental then?

Lol! Come on now, we all know who the cowboys are in our own patch.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Archived