Security Installer Community

Lighting For Cctv In Dark Yard

moneyhunster

It is also something that if not done right wont work. If your looking to do it for next to nowt it wont work, but im sure you know that. You do get what you pay for in this game.

But back to your original question.

Id go for IR lighting mounted onto the cheecks of a ptz unit. That will gove you light then whereever the cam is

t203_2.jpg

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

It is also something that if not done right wont work. If your looking to do it for next to nowt it wont work, but im sure you know that. You do get what you pay for in this game.

But back to your original question.

Id go for IR lighting mounted onto the cheecks of a ptz unit. That will gove you light then whereever the cam is

t203_2.jpg

Thanks Redbull

Its not something i want to do in 5 minutes, more something i want to do in stages. Im hoping to learn a bit about it as i go.

Ive played with eBay stuff a couple of years ago, most of that went in the bin soon after, although i did spot a couple of those 2020.....................

... i want to install cctv as with the price of gas rising my products are more and more at risk, i had a couple of visits last year and lost a few 19kg bottles, im worried this year i might loose more.

MH,

Whilst you're quite understandably concerned about the risk to your business, without wishing to state the obvious, the reason why Ilkie's advice is both sensible and opportune, is that the attack on Glasgow Airport involved the use of (if I remember correctly) four LPG bottles.

Now if your storing 15 tonnes of the stuff, I'm probably not overstating the situation if I suggested that perhaps a tonne or two of agricultural fertilizer or hydrogen peroxide would certainly warrant the attention of professional security advisors, and the stuff you're storing is undoubtedly a far higher risk than that. As you've already stated, product has gone walkies in the past, and whilst that may cost you money in lost stock, the potential cost would obviously be much higher if it fell into the wrong hands.

This may not be what you want to hear, but for the experienced security pro's on this forum, the idea of you trying to cobble together a DIY job and "learn a bit" as you go along, doesn't immediately suggest that you really appreciate the potential risks that need to be addressed.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but you're going to need to break all records on the steepest of learning curves, if you're to stand any chance at all of securing your site properly, with or without any sensible suggestions here.

MH,

Whilst you're quite understandably concerned about the risk to your business, without wishing to state the obvious, the reason why Ilkie's advice is both sensible and opportune, is that the attack on Glasgow Airport involved the use of (if I remember correctly) four LPG bottles.

Now if your storing 15 tonnes of the stuff, I'm probably not overstating the situation if I suggested that perhaps a tonne or two of agricultural fertilizer or hydrogen peroxide would certainly warrant the attention of professional security advisors, and the stuff you're storing is undoubtedly a far higher risk than that. As you've already stated, product has gone walkies in the past, and whilst that may cost you money in lost stock, the potential cost would obviously be much higher if it fell into the wrong hands.

This may not be what you want to hear, but for the experienced security pro's on this forum, the idea of you trying to cobble together a DIY job and "learn a bit" as you go along, doesn't immediately suggest that you really appreciate the potential risks that need to be addressed.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but you're going to need to break all records on the steepest of learning curves, if you're to stand any chance at all of securing your site properly, with or without any sensible suggestions here.

well said, all early comments aside. i think you are now being giving some sound honest professional advice (free).

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

While i do agree with you Doktor, its one of those things that aint gonna be worried about till it happens.

I wish people did think like the above but unfortunatly in my experience they dont and look to get the maximum they can for their money. Thats why people buy sh!te cctv cameras and dvr's cos on paper the look like the real thing.

Anyway back to the OP, i think you need to decide what you want to achieve. Then id also advise you consider a budget. You may find that you can get a professional solution within your budget.... then you may not. but if you opt for the diy route then it will probably cost you more in the long run. ie how many people play with LPG and try and do it on the cheap in your sector..only to end up spending more than they would by getting someone such as yourself to do something?

Nasically if the risks are high then DIY prabaly isnt the way to go. You will be fully liable for any mistakes you make or risks you dont forsee. An approved company would be able to offer advise with the backup of its inpectorate and the relevant insurances.

Have a think about what you want to do before you decide on which way your gonna go.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

It is difficult when professionals give good, sound advice and it isn't neccesarily heeded. But I think the folks here are pretty much used to that in their own markets by now surely :).

I echo statements from all posts but would emphasise one thing, let's not forget that this site is not currently monitored in any shape or form and appears not to have been for many years.

I would make the obvious assumption that the OP is insured for his premises and the means of storage are compliant for LPG and that his insurer is satisfied with the current situation (Otherwise he would not hold that insurance).

Any improvement over the current situation would be a boon, as long as it complies with all relevant legislation (Both LPG & DPA etc...) I think that with all the posts going backwards and forwards that there are some gems of advice that I would recommend the OP take on board.

One point not really highlighted here enough is the functional use of the system. It seems the OP has an idea that if he can view the footage of an intruder then they will recognise them. Whilst this might be the case, please let me remind you that the criminal justice system would require more than simply your recognising them from the footage.

Visit Doktor Jons site (www.doktorjon.co.uk) for some more in depth information on the best practice for CCTV installations and how this could help you acheive the purpose of the system. I am sure that the professionals here would happily assist you in advising on a potential DIY project but I would agree that it is well worth getting some professional advice on how best to proceed.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Archived