Security Installer Community

Lighting For Cctv In Dark Yard

moneyhunster

add another foot to the wall, but have scaffold bars criss cross (in grid fashion), cemented into the new 1 foot wall. that makes it a bit harder just to get in and to cut.. then you could run an alarm cable in and out . then at least if they cut the bars an alarm will sound...

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

you'll have to way up the pro's and cons

IR lighting will give you great images but in mono and won't flood light the whole area.

White flood lighting will give you great colour images at night but you'll need a fair number

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

because im storing LPG i have to be very carefull with access and electric fences. sparks can cause explosions.

Im more keen to catch the ones involved as im pretty sure its one or 2 people.

I have a wireless outdoor alarm with a couple of PIR sensors, they link up to a control panel which lets me know by phone if someone is in the yard, i just want a view of their car and face. i'd be very happy with that!!

The last Gas dealer on the estate had it worse than me, they kept cutting his chain link fence and helping themselves. We have a 6" concrete wall, they just like climbimg over it!

LPG changes things a quite a bit!

A formal risk assessment is recommended and I would suggest the first contacts would be the local fire brigade, your insurance company, the local Police Crime prevention advisor and the Police counter terrorism boys.

Then agree a plan for protecting the site with all parties and only then install the new security system using an appropriately qualified contractor (do not forget the maintenance of the system and the compilation of an agreed disaster management plan.

Ilkie

The LP Gas Association, Code of practice 7,

Hi,

What budget do you have in mind?

I dont have one in mind really. perhaps i should but im hoping to design and set it up myself perhaps with a little help from everyone on here.

you'll have to way up the pro's and cons

IR lighting will give you great images but in mono and won't flood light the whole area.

White flood lighting will give you great colour images at night but you'll need a fair number

im not too worried about floodlighting the whole area. is the cost a lot different using IR compared to floodlighting?

I store about 15 tonnes of the stuff, mainly on the trailer it came down on and a small ground stock, the yard is not accessable to the public either, they have to wait in the 1st half of the yard if they pop in for a refill.

LPG changes things a quite a bit!

A formal risk assessment is recommended and I would suggest the first contacts would be the local fire brigade, your insurance company, the local Police Crime prevention advisor and the Police counter terrorism boys.

Then agree a plan for protecting the site with all parties and only then install the new security system using an appropriately qualified contractor (do not forget the maintenance of the system and the compilation of an agreed disaster management plan.

Ilkie

MH

If you're storing 15 tonnes of LPG, then you'd be very well advised to do as Ilkie suggested, before you do anything specific in terms of upgrading security.

If I were in your shoes, I'd certainly approach the local CPO / ALO via your local police station, and also the fire and rescue service for their recommendations, as a matter of priority.

With a bit of guidance and support, you may well be able to do some of the CCTV work, but given the level of risk apportioned to this type of storage facility, you really do need to get some expert assistance on the risk profile, preferably sooner rather than later.

DJ

MH

If you're storing 15 tonnes of LPG, then you'd be very well advised to do as Ilkie suggested, before you do anything specific in terms of upgrading security.

If I were in your shoes, I'd certainly approach the local CPO / ALO via your local police station, and also the fire and rescue service for their recommendations, as a matter of priority.

With a bit of guidance and support, you may well be able to do some of the CCTV work, but given the level of risk apportioned to this type of storage facility, you really do need to get some expert assistance on the risk profile, preferably sooner rather than later.

DJ

i have been storing and selling gas for 9 years now. for the last 5 years ive been supplied by bp and have an appointed dgsa (dangerious goods safty advisor) and get regular visits from the area rep within bp lpg so i know the product is safely stored.

i have been storing and selling gas for 9 years now. for the last 5 years ive been supplied by bp and have an appointed dgsa (dangerious goods safty advisor) and get regular visits from the area rep within bp lpg so i know the product is safely stored.

Not quite what the guys were suggesting.

You want advice on CCTV AND the best Security option/solution. You won't get that from BP and any H&S bod.

Not quite what the guys were suggesting.

You want advice on CCTV AND the best Security option/solution. You won't get that from BP and any H&S bod.

its just when fire and safty services were mentioned i thought that was takin it a bit far as i only want to put up sone lighting of sorts and a few cameras.

its just when fire and safty services were mentioned i thought that was takin it a bit far as i only want to put up sone lighting of sorts and a few cameras.

???

You ask for advice, you were given it. Whilst you may think it is going to extremes, it isn't.

Remember, security and all it's implications is not simply a matter of keeping the b*ggers out. If it was, you wouldn't need to be asking.

Archived