Security Installer Community

Silly Question...

Dont suppose the en pd etc regs for intruder etc are downloadable free anywhere are they?

Im guessing they must be paid for and are not made available otherwise?

Just wondering as it seems expensive to get them for one of use, and I cant help wondering what the full regs are (curious at the moment about things like pirs etc, as there is mention of tampers/masking from external coverage etc, immunity from rf fields etc but no mention of something I am thinking about (which can be a problem on some pirs), and would love to know what is covered in the regs...)

Dont suppose the en pd etc regs for intruder etc are downloadable free anywhere are they?

Im guessing they must be paid for and are not made available otherwise?

Just wondering as it seems expensive to get them for one of use, and I cant help wondering what the full regs are (curious at the moment about things like pirs etc, as there is mention of tampers/masking from external coverage etc, immunity from rf fields etc but no mention of something I am thinking about (which can be a problem on some pirs), and would love to know what is covered in the regs...)

Not free, but you can get them from the British Standards Institute if you want them. To be honest, it would be a waste of time and money unless you were a company going for approval, or already an approved company.

Trade Member

antinode are you suggesting only approved comapnies have copies of the regulations?

;)

noooooooooooooooooo it was a slip of the keyboard, or a computer error :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

antinode are you suggesting only approved comapnies have copies of the regulations?

;)

Well, considering alot of approved companies struggle to follow regultions/standards, I'd say it was fair to assume most unapproved companies don't have copies of them, though if anyone can prove me wrong...

Trade Member

Guest anguscanplay
but no mention of something I am thinking about (which can be a problem on some pirs), and would love to know what is covered in the regs...)

this a bit like your " I can disc. your device given a work bench, some tools and 20 mins preperation time"?

save your money - you tell us whats worrying you and well tell you how we already dealt with that 4 years ago

Angus

Wondering if the grades cover magnetic immunity on pirs.

Cant seem to have seen much mention of that, plenty on masking, large objects blocking field of view etc, but not heard anything yet this type of immunity, what grades cover it if any etc.

Curious mainly, as its unlikely to be a problem in residential, but if there are immune detectors out there may as well get one of them instead of one thats not, especially if around the same price.

Tried some optex pirs for a test earlier out of curiousity and they didnt do very well at all....

They look like they were working (led flash on movement), but the output was totally over-ridden so a panel would have no idea they had triggered.

Wondering if the grades cover magnetic immunity on pirs.

Cant seem to have seen much mention of that, plenty on masking, large objects blocking field of view etc, but not heard anything yet this type of immunity, what grades cover it if any etc.

Curious mainly, as its unlikely to be a problem in residential, but if there are immune detectors out there may as well get one of them instead of one thats not, especially if around the same price.

Tried some optex pirs for a test earlier out of curiousity and they didnt do very well at all....

They look like they were working (led flash on movement), but the output was totally over-ridden so a panel would have no idea they had triggered.

having done this test, i'd honestly suggest present your finding to the makers, i'm sure they would be very obliged to be made aware of this flaw.

we as engineers can't really discus 'anti' methods in here for obvious reasons i.e. its a public accessable area, so if we identified weaknesses in certain makes/models of detector we could be compromising systems add hoc.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived