Security Installer Community

Telemetry Causing Flickering

breff

Quick Update.

Went to site today with video amps- long shot but waste of time, made it worse.

Spoke to BBV tech and Gardiners CCTV Tech and both seem to think that the DVRs are mistaking the Telemetry as the sync pulse.

I quickly tried one of the 16 way Samsungs in place of the 4 way and problem gone, so it seems like we've got to get differnet DVRs and hope they don't do the same.

Oh, by the way, I found out from BBV that when telemetry is used its sent to the monitor as well as the camera!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Quick Update.

Went to site today with video amps- long shot but waste of time, made it worse.

Spoke to BBV tech and Gardiners CCTV Tech and both seem to think that the DVRs are mistaking the Telemetry as the sync pulse.

I quickly tried one of the 16 way Samsungs in place of the 4 way and problem gone, so it seems like we've got to get differnet DVRs and hope they don't do the same.

Oh, by the way, I found out from BBV that when telemetry is used its sent to the monitor as well as the camera!!

have you not installed those self rotating monitors then? :P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Are they old style ptz with a seperate telemetry receiver to control the pan/tilt head and zoom lens?

If they are the old style, and the receiver is a BBV one then some of them have a inbuilt amp on the receiver board to compensate for cable loss, which may be set at the wrong level (possibly too high?).

My old bbv reveivers are buried under piles of other stuff so cant get to them easily to look, but manuals for the receivers are available on bbv website, if that is what they are using (love bbv, not many firms are so helpful with manuals/support etc)

im wondering if you can filter that out, never tried and im assuming it wouldnt be easy. Better to dump the dvr's that wont handle it IMO. And useful to kno in case anyone ever eanted to use these dvr's with coax telemetry

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived