Security Installer Community

Telemetry Causing Flickering

breff

As the title says,

we have a site that has 32 various ptz cameras all using coax control, 2 Samsung 16 way DVR's timelapse recording these and a BBV TX1500 Matrix with 4 keyboards and 8 monitors.

The site is a football ground and 2 of the monitors are recorded in real time on 2 Samsung 4way DVRs on a matchday.

All Live images are good, but the recorded images on the real time recorders flicker badly when telemetry is operated.

The Real Time DVrs have just been changed from Videoswitch units and I noticed that it was ok with the Videoswitch units.

I know some DVRs are fussy with video signal strength and wondered if a couple of Video Amplifiers might help.

The recorded image on the Timelapse DVRs is perfect.

Any suggestions? I'm returning to site Friday afternoon.

Regards

Glenn

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Id bet its the telemetry on the sync pulses the samsungs dont like. Are the samsungs having telem pass through them, ie can you connect them to signals with no telemtry. NBot sure if the bbv only outputs telemetry on both video connections?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

They connect as follows.

Camera-16way DVR(recording OK)-Matrix-Monitor-4way DVR(problem)

The problem units are on the monitor outputs, the 16ways have the telemetry passing through them and are ok.

Sounds like signals are low to me.

How much signal have you actualy got, and is there cable compensation in the domes menus or on the receivers ?

you will have a problem adding amps if its co-ax telemetry. might be worth having a chat with BBV, their tech support is very good.

Unfortunately I dont have a scope or video level meter, I was going to try the amps between the monitor outputs on the matrix and the DVR,s.

I will call BBV when on site, I've used their tech support before and its excellent

Unfortunately I dont have a scope or video level meter, I was going to try the amps between the monitor outputs on the matrix and the DVR,s.

I will call BBV when on site, I've used their tech support before and its excellent

its not at the wolves is it lol

Very crude diagram of configuration attached

post-590-1221675398_thumb.jpg

and it isnt double terminated?

If running from the monitor out, im assuming the run is pretty small, and there is only the monitor on it? ie no other devices (apart from dvr)

out of curiosity, are all the monitors connected to the same 4 way dvr or is it 1 per mon output.

Do these 4 ways have the same problem if connected in the same place as the 16 ways, ie is it signal or is it the telemetry?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i too would suspect video level, is there no gain control per camera on these units?

i did have a sudden telemetary problems on a set of domes recently, where the ribbon cable to the actual camera was loose in the socket, knocked images sideways on all the seven ptz units, when i tried to move any camera.

this was on twisted pair telementary though, but mentioned just as a thought, if it were me i'd look to dis off half the domes and workback from there.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

and it isnt double terminated?

If running from the monitor out, im assuming the run is pretty small, and there is only the monitor on it? ie no other devices (apart from dvr)

out of curiosity, are all the monitors connected to the same 4 way dvr or is it 1 per mon output.

Do these 4 ways have the same problem if connected in the same place as the 16 ways, ie is it signal or is it the telemetry?

There are 8 monitors and 2 of them have a single 4way dvr on each being used as a single channel recorder.

I had thought of trying a 4 way where the 16ways are to see if the same happened there, I just didnt have enough time yesterday. I did loop out the monitor yesterday so only the dvr was connected to the matrix monitor out and it still had the fault.

its not at the wolves is it lol

No but this team is in South East London and played Wolves on Saturday

Archived