Security Installer Community

Box Making Strange Crackling Noises

ddma

you`ve never really got the idea of a forum have you Arf?

as far as sensible advice go's obviously a better one than yours i'd venture Gus,

aimless discussion of all the fault possibilities might well inform a budding service engineer when learning his craft - but what use other than to confuse and worse misinform with such discussion for an untrained end user?

replacing his siren imo will not resolve the issue at hand, the siren has worked as designed thus far, he is by his own words low on free funds for repairs, so now very likely at a very high risk of wasting his precious money on a fruitless exercise by replacing the siren, and very likely still will require an engineers services.

anyone with an ounce of common sense and diagnostic knowledge will know he needs professional assistance to reduce his overal cost

so Gus, anything else you don't know about offering decent advice i'll try to steer you in the right direction as my young apprentice (but i fear total failure in this aspect).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
as far as sensible advice go's obviously a better one than yours i'd venture Gus,

aimless discussion of all the fault possibilities might well inform a budding service engineer when learning his craft - but what use other than to confuse and worse misinform with such discussion for an untrained end user?

replacing his siren imo will not resolve the issue at hand, the siren has worked as designed thus far, he is by his own words low on free funds for repairs, so now very likely at a very high risk of wasting his precious money on a fruitless exercise by replacing the siren, and very likely still will require an engineers services.

anyone with an ounce of common sense and diagnostic knowledge will know he needs professional assistance to reduce his overal cost

so Gus, anything else you don't know about offering decent advice i'll try to steer you in the right direction as my young apprentice (but i fear total failure in this aspect).

regs

alan

hmm nothing to do with the extreme rain the countries been having then ......................... you wanna read the whole thread again?

regs

alan

I agree that your advice re: this issue is probably the best all round advice but some poeple want to "have a go" and why not?

It's his house and his money and I see no harm in giving him options. I also agree that in this particular instance the OP was made by somebody who appears unqualified but to my mind the whole point of a forum is not just to offer specific advice to one person, that's what a technical support function is for.

A forum is (IMHO) a place to discuss issues and it may well be that many other people will learn something from this post in the future. To suggest that only the best advice should be provided is misplaced, it may seem the best advice to you (and me) but giving the OP a choice of options is surely the best way to go.

On a technical note, from a diagnostic point of view it seems that the sounder has been crackling intermitently before activating under it's own steam. There is no mention of the panel going in to tamper so I would suggest checking for an intermittent pos hold off connection, possibly a corroded cable where the installation engineer was a bit heavy handed with the strippers which has broken down due to damp conditions.

hmm nothing to do with the extreme rain the countries been having then ......................... you wanna read the whole thread again?

Gus,

your comment on rain is still speculation at best, not of any fundamental diagnostic value in any sense, yet might be seen as such by the untrained o/p.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
Gus,

your comment on rain is still speculation at best, not of any fundamental diagnostic value in any sense, yet might be seen as such by the untrained o/p.

regs

alan

jeez your boring - go read the whole thing NO ONE HAS SAID ITS A FAULTY BELLBOX

I agree that your advice re: this issue is probably the best all round advice but some poeple want to "have a go" and why not?

It's his house and his money and I see no harm in giving him options. I also agree that in this particular instance the OP was made by somebody who appears unqualified but to my mind the whole point of a forum is not just to offer specific advice to one person, that's what a technical support function is for.

A forum is (IMHO) a place to discuss issues and it may well be that many other people will learn something from this post in the future. To suggest that only the best advice should be provided is misplaced, it may seem the best advice to you (and me) but giving the OP a choice of options is surely the best way to go.

On a technical note, from a diagnostic point of view it seems that the sounder has been crackling intermitently before activating under it's own steam. There is no mention of the panel going in to tamper so I would suggest checking for an intermittent pos hold off connection, possibly a corroded cable where the installation engineer was a bit heavy handed with the strippers which has broken down due to damp conditions.

tbf i agree with a level of advice given but tempered to the grasp of the receiver,

my view is it is best not to offer 'instant fixes' without proper thought out grounds, by all means exsplain to the o/p several tests a pro engineer might do to narrow it down, but i feer more confusion on the o/p's part while his system remains out of action, also increasing a risk of intrusion where the insurrers will likley not pay out for loss or damage as the alrm was not set.

i'd like to help further but the o/p's best option is call a local company preferably one recommended by a person whos oppinion he trusts, and yes i appreciate it may cost but this better than the very unwise 'shotgum' approach of change and hope repair, which so often tends to cost a lot more, and we will not likely look so good after it either if its the panel with a dry joint or lightning damage (far more common than a faulty siren on this type of fault) thats the real reason.

regs

alan

Zapp can see both anguscanplay & Arfur mo have read my book "Zapp Brannigan's big book of war".

Conquering the retiree people of the Assisted Living Nebula required the same deft skill & cunning employed in this encounter.

Alas while Zapp is widely revered in military circles I unable to assist either party in this conflict.

ZB.

:stormtrooper:

Zapp can see both anguscanplay & Arfur mo have read my book "Zapp Brannigan's big book of war".

Conquering the retiree people of the Assisted Living Nebula required the same deft skill & cunning employed in this encounter.

Alas while Zapp is widely revered in military circles I unable to assist either party in this conflict.

ZB.

WTF you on??

Can i have some PLEASE...??

LOL

ZB.

now just own up ZB,

you simply plagurised our 'waring' posts :bruce_h4h:

we are like a couple of same magnets placed at opposing poles, i'm not saying anynore about our orientation here - though just read another thread about which end iof the horse is who?

regs

alan

and my close follower Gus

(on his behalf :lol:)

Archived