Security Installer Community

Box Making Strange Crackling Noises

ddma

We have just moved house and not had chance to get a service of the alarm yet but in the mean time the bell box has started making a weired crackling broken microphone kind of a sound. Then last night typically at 3 am the siren went off on its own, nothing was triggered on the control panel and entering user code didn't stop it. Eventually it stopped on its own accord after about 20 mins. This morning I went through a system check following the instructions, its an Accenta 8 by the way, and everything else works fine but for the bell test and the strobe test.

Any ideas ? Is it simply the rechargeable battery in the box at fault or is there more to it than this ?

I want to get your take on things before bringing an engineer in. Also how much is reasonable to pay for a replacement box if this is what the prob is ?

Thanks v much.

We have just moved house and not had chance to get a service of the alarm yet but in the mean time the bell box has started making a weired crackling broken microphone kind of a sound. Then last night typically at 3 am the siren went off on its own, nothing was triggered on the control panel and entering user code didn't stop it. Eventually it stopped on its own accord after about 20 mins. This morning I went through a system check following the instructions, its an Accenta 8 by the way, and everything else works fine but for the bell test and the strobe test.

Any ideas ? Is it simply the rechargeable battery in the box at fault or is there more to it than this ?

I want to get your take on things before bringing an engineer in. Also how much is reasonable to pay for a replacement box if this is what the prob is ?

Thanks v much.

obviously educated guesses here,

as your siren went for 20 mins and stopped itself the problem could be one of many, from a simple duff battery and faulty mains connection, intermittent panel fuse, lose connection or a damaged cable to the siren.

seems to me you will need an engineer to resolve your issues, sunday rates are expensive so concider this before you call out an engineer.

as an aside, recently we had a thread where there was a problem over a final charge made,

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks v much.

Does unfortunatley sound like a faulty siren

screwfix aren't open sunday round my way.

wages, ladders, power tools, hand tools, van, insurance, advetising, accounts fees, income tax, travel time, fuel etc

comparing wholesale prices and service supply prices is not a fair assessment of the "cost" nor will it help TBH.

C.

screwfix aren't open sunday round my way.

wages, ladders, power tools, hand tools, van, insurance, advetising, accounts fees, income tax, travel time, fuel etc

comparing wholesale prices and service supply prices is not a fair assessment of the "cost" nor will it help TBH.

C.

That price is for a weekday !

Archived