Security Installer Community

Galaxy Error Message

sdcbmthsch

Ah - I see; no, it's wired OK - the reason it activated was because I tested it by disconnecting the phone line. I heard the relay click, saw the message appear on the displays, and then reconnected the phone line. The relay clicked back, the message disappeared, but this "residue" alert message insists on remaining when trying to set the alarm!

Thanks

Stephen

have you tried to defeat the zone by use of one resistor(i.e make the circuit healthy) as could be a duff panel??? :sign:

ok whats in the log?

dont you have to clear the log for a fault message ???

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

no.

you cant clear the log on a gal.

on a classic once acked it wll dissapear unless present. what im still wondering is if it was a tamper and that would want a reset, hence my 'whats in the log' question.

doubt its faulty tbh

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

have you tried doing a soft reset (in parameters )

if is is glitch that should clear it - then repeat the line removal experiment to see if it does it again -

is so or beyond that try ringing galaxy tec (albeit you might be on 'hold' for a while) and get them to advise / talk you through it.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Thanks for the suggestions; I shall try these out!

Regards

Stephen

have you tried doing a soft reset (in parameters )

if is is glitch that should clear it - then repeat the line removal experiment to see if it does it again -

is so or beyond that try ringing galaxy tec (albeit you might be on 'hold' for a while) and get them to advise / talk you through it.

paul

Hi, yes the problem has now gone away thanks to a warm reboot. On a related note, the memory backup switch on the main board of the Galaxy appears to be "open" - e.g. it looks like it will dump the programming if all power is lost. According to the manual, it should keep the contents, so is the default position for this switch open? It's an odd looking link - I was expecting a jumper or dipswitch, but it's a small blue plastic thing with what looks like a springy lever which may clip under the other terminal - if I'm seeing it correctly! I don't fancy fiddling with it if it's correct, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'd be most grateful!

Thanks to you all for your help so far.

Stephen

Did you get it sorted out?

Hi, yes the problem has now gone away thanks to a warm reboot. On a related note, the memory backup switch on the main board of the Galaxy appears to be "open" - e.g. it looks like it will dump the programming if all power is lost. According to the manual, it should keep the contents, so is the default position for this switch open? It's an odd looking link - I was expecting a jumper or dipswitch, but it's a small blue plastic thing with what looks like a springy lever which may clip under the other terminal - if I'm seeing it correctly! I don't fancy fiddling with it if it's correct, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'd be most grateful!

Thanks to you all for your help so far.

Stephen

Yes you must make sure the nvm link is closed otherwise you will lose all programming if power is lost to the system.

Thanks - this, I take it, means that I have to loop the "arm" under the "hook" part? I can then leave it like that? Sorry if this is an obvious question; it's the first time I've seen such a switch!

Stephen

Yes you must make sure the nvm link is closed otherwise you will lose all programming if power is lost to the system.

Archived