Security Installer Community

Galaxy Error Message

sdcbmthsch

Hi

Having installed several Galaxy panels myself (for friends, etc), I am fairly comfortable with the programming and configuration, but I'm stumped by an error message I'm getting on one. It's a Galaxy 60, and I've got a Texecom dialler attached. The line fail output of the dialler is connected to a relay to activate a zone on the Galaxy (relay to convert the voltage output to a switch with resistors etc) and works OK - except after an activation of the line failure, whenever a user tries to set the system, an alert message is displayed, along with the option to press ent to continue setting. How does the alert get cleared and therefore removed? The line fail zone is no longer "open" - in fact, I've even tried making the zone "spare", but this message still persists...! Is there a reset parameter somewhere I've overlooked?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Stephen

im assuming you have a new g2 or g3/gd3

You will need to acknowledge the fault with a manager code. (you can reprogram the level required on the GD3 down to less than mgr is req)

Have a read of the manual specifically the acknowledging alerts bit.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi

It's not one of the new G2/G3 panels; I can't find anything related to alert acknowledgement in the manual. Any further suggestions, please?

Thanks very much

Stephen

im assuming you have a new g2 or g3/gd3

You will need to acknowledge the fault with a manager code. (you can reprogram the level required on the GD3 down to less than mgr is req)

Have a read of the manual specifically the acknowledging alerts bit.

James

Hi

Firstly, thanks for your time. Yes, it's a Galaxy 60 classic version. The zone is in group 1, and whether a user tries to arm group 1 or all groups, it will throw up this message. The version of the software is, I believe (from memory), 4.50.

Thanks again!

Stephen

so its a classic?

have you put line fail on its own group, or a different group than your trying to arm.

what panel is it? and what version?

That's what I thought - but having physically removed the zone, and finding this alert still appearing, I'm baffled...! Not entirely sure what you mean by "required correctly", I'm afraid - the requirement for the zone was simply to get indication that the telephone line had failed, which is what I thought the Line Fail zone would do. And in fact it did do, but just a little too persistently...!!

Again, many thanks for your help thus far, and for any further suggestions!

must still be in fail then, have you checked the zone is required correctly

Ah - I see; no, it's wired OK - the reason it activated was because I tested it by disconnecting the phone line. I heard the relay click, saw the message appear on the displays, and then reconnected the phone line. The relay clicked back, the message disappeared, but this "residue" alert message insists on remaining when trying to set the alarm!

Thanks

Stephen

im wondering if you have wired it right, ie 2 resistors and you havnt caused a tamper?

Archived