Security Installer Community

Connecting A Texecom Speech Dialler To 9751

kuchars22

No probs. In post, be there am.

hpotter, thanks I've received Ok, fitted and working! However, Ican only get the PA alarm to dial out (defaulted to PIN 2), when I set off an alarm it doesn't dial me. I have set the option for PIN 3 to do this, and set the dialler to program to dial me but nothing. Also checked the wiring again. Any ieas? Can't check the fire as I don't have any smoke alarms yet.

hpotter, thanks I've received Ok, fitted and working! However, Ican only get the PA alarm to dial out (defaulted to PIN 2), when I set off an alarm it doesn't dial me. I have set the option for PIN 3 to do this, and set the dialler to program to dial me but nothing. Also checked the wiring again. Any ieas? Can't check the fire as I don't have any smoke alarms yet.

How are you testing it?

Be aware that if you are triggering the alarm by opening a final exit door the dialler will not operate until some time after the internal sounder activates.

How are you testing it?

Be aware that if you are triggering the alarm by opening a final exit door the dialler will not operate until some time after the internal sounder activates.

Yes, the alarm is triggered by a FE PIR in the hallway, though this is temporary as I haven't installed the front door contact yet. This will be set as the FE, and the hallway PIR as an ER eventually.

I did let the entry time elapse, the internal and external sounders went off but no dialling. I'll have another look in the manual to see if there is a delayed singalling for alarm

Check cmd 89. Alarm confirmation, default is 2 zones activated within 30mins. (assuming EN panel) change to option 0, 1 zone activated.

To prove panel or dialler programming, swap the comms outputs from the panel, ie swap orange & yellow wires over then do a PA test.

Check cmd 89. Alarm confirmation, default is 2 zones activated within 30mins. (assuming EN panel) change to option 0, 1 zone activated.

To prove panel or dialler programming, swap the comms outputs from the panel, ie swap orange & yellow wires over then do a PA test.

I don't think it's an EN panel, the manual doesn't describe the number of zones or the time period before it sends out a signal to channel or pin 7 (Alarm confirmation). Just says it sends a signal to ch 3 (burg) then ch 7 if another detector goes off. If I switch this on, I presume that I also need to wire this to the dialler to a seperate input and record a seperate announcment.

I will try the wiring that you have suggested.

Thanks

Yes do that test first. TBO the panel comms should by default on UK or EN be set up pretty much how you'd want it in this instance. There is 2ply on fe zones but as soon as panel goes into bells channel 3 should go neg (+ve removed). Check cmd 153, make sure option 03 (intruder) selected.

Your right about confirmation, but there is a couple of seconds delay on op3 when confirmation selected. I thought maybe if you were unsetting v quickly not to upset neighbours!

Yes, lets prove the panel or dialler first as could be barking up wrong tree.

Archived