Security Installer Community

Connecting A Texecom Speech Dialler To 9751

kuchars22

Hi,

I need some help in installing the speech dialler - I've tried connecting the O/P of the bell to the inputs of the dialler, but it doesn't work and the dialler doesn't attempt to dial out. There is also an 8-pin connector on the circuit board for a communicator. If I buy one of those 8-pin headers, could I connect the relevant pins to the dialler, or are these pins purely for communicators like the 600? If yes, does anyone know where I can buy these from, Maplins don't do them, and I have an RS Components nearby but don't know what they are called (headers?).

Thanks

The texecom diallers can be programmed for pos or neg trigger, The bell output should only go to one input on the dialler-normally 3 in line with industry standards if its alarm your trying to transmit.

I've tried that - I did test it on a workbench prior to hard install with mains. I have yet to connect to a phone line, but I would expect it at least to try and pick up a dial tone, like the diagnostics do. Just nothing comes up on the screen when an output is raised. I will try again with a multimeter to the outputs.

You might fond that if its in line fault it wont attempt to dial unless forced to do so. On a proper communicator you can make them force dial, but unsire if a speech dialler has this option. Why not connect it to the line?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You might fond that if its in line fault it wont attempt to dial unless forced to do so. On a proper communicator you can make them force dial, but unsire if a speech dialler has this option. Why not connect it to the line?

Bacause I don't know how to...yet!

When I wired the house up last year for network, alarm and CCTV, I laid an extension lead from the living room, under the floorboards to under the stairs. I can't remember which wires were for what, it's NTL, not BT, so doesn't match the instructions. To be honest, I haven't even tried yet, I've got not balustrades and the Mrs and my 19 month son will be back from hols this week, so I got to get that sorted out before hell breaks loose! :rolleyes:

With most diallers-and I'm 99% sure with the texecom-if you trigger an input so as to get it to communicate, nothing will show on the display, makes sence eh! you dont want billy burglar seeing a message saying "attempting to dial contact 1" or whatever :rolleyes: , the only time it shows on the display is if you 'test' the input from setup.Line monitor does not apply.

Richard.

With most diallers-and I'm 99% sure with the texecom-if you trigger an input so as to get it to communicate, nothing will show on the display, makes sence eh! you dont want billy burglar seeing a message saying "attempting to dial contact 1" or whatever :rolleyes: , the only time it shows on the display is if you 'test' the input from setup.Line monitor does not apply.

Richard.

OK, will hook up to a line and re-test

Richard.

QFA

Also the comms output pins on 9751 are programmable as are trig pins on texecom dialler, so there should be no problems getting them to work together. most are pre set up for negative trigger.

QFA

Also the comms output pins on 9751 are programmable as are trig pins on texecom dialler, so there should be no problems getting them to work together. most are pre set up for negative trigger.

Yes, that's right, but I can't find the correct connectors anywhere to connect the dialler to.

Archived