Security Installer Community

? Scantronic Radio Expander Without Install Code

jobbodger

Yes, probably not the best thing for him to do (although it wasn't the boss I was talking to) but awesome for me. He did ask the install date which was two years ago and I got the impression hes changed it since then. I've got the quick programming guide but not the actual programming guide. Hopefully I'll still be able to manage. Not really willing to throw away

there is a reason why these codes and programming guides are not for public consumption.

however feel free to charge on, it's your alarm and your stuff it protects.

if it goes well buy a lottery ticket as lady luck is on your side

but if it all goes Pete Tong just phone your "alarm company" back and tell them it's their fault for giving you the code.

it won't be your fault now, will it ? :rolleyes:

its all very well having the manual etc but all it takes is a simple error on your part and you could end up with a 'working' alarm where one or more of your zones could be "off line".

The 'engineer' who gave you the code should know better but obviously he did,nt, and if the management of the company found out i do not think they would be happy- especially as they are still maintaining it.

Why did the company refuse to do the work in first place - was it because you bought the equipment a opposed to them supplying it?.

My advice, and hopefully if enough people tell you you might start to think we do know what we are talking about, is to get a competent engineer / company to do the work for you and it will be guarenteed.

If you do any work yourself you will invaladate any warrenty that is active and possibly might effect your insurance if having a working / derviced alarm is part of the policy. If so check with the insurance company BEFORE DOING ANY REPROGRAMMING.

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

The equipment I purchased was brand new from a retailer.

Its fairly easy to do a walk test to make sure everything is still working, if everything goes "t*ts up" I can always get the engineer then. I requested the wireless fob from the start but when the company first came out to install the alarm they told me they wouldn't install it because of having too many problems with wireless systems!! (Maybe that should tell me something!)

Personally I've installed a wireless ESP infinite alarm system in my last house and it worked flawlessly for 3 yrs with only one false alarm in that period, although I know alarm engineers don't rate them. I'm sure just adding a keyfob is unlikely to compromise the system

I'm not saying you guys don't know what your talking about. I'm sure you do. Its just that I'm a OCD DIY'er. In the words of Angelina Jolie "Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life" We'll see what happens.

you are missing my point - if you mess with it you are invaladating any warrenties or guarentees that your maintainance company has with yourself.

'Sack' your current supplier, get some other company in who will do it and then all's ok. It will cost you some dosh to do it this way but it will ensure you are still covered.

I,m not bothered if you do it yourself , anybody can read instructions (how do you think we learnt!! :whistle: ) - but you need to make sure you are covered against any future problems.

If and when your current supplier finds out you have worked on it he can deny any responsiblity for your alarm and it may invaladate any insurance policies that are dependent on you having a up to date maintainance agreement.

P

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived