Security Installer Community

? Scantronic Radio Expander Without Install Code

jobbodger

you can afford even less the hassle if you do the work yourself, make a mistake, you have a break in and nothing works.

i always think worse case scenerio! :ninja:

I would go back to your installer , ask him to do the work and come to some agreement re any problems he might think you have

do not do the work yourself - bad move IMHO

good luck

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

unfortunately, I can't. My installer has the maintenance contract and he has refused to do it.

I'm surprised they gave you the eng code, but that asside I'm not surprised he refused to do it.

To achieve what you are asking using telecommand fob will mean changing an engineering command designed to safeguard the accidental setting or unsetting of your system without you knowing.

Far easier to fit a second keypad on the landing. And if you really do want to use a fob get a scanprox 934 reader to fit in your existing 9930 keypad and fit a new 9940 keypad c/w reader upstairs. That way you can present fob to keypad, this will give a response of "unset?" and then press tick on keypad to confirm.

The reason you have to press tick is because you havnt started the entry timer, you just want to unset without waking the house up. This is the command you would have to change if you want to use the telecommand fob ie only keypad downstairs therefore you cant press tick to confirm therefore system still active.

If you do manage to fit & programme the equipment you have already purchased, be warned: there is nothing to stop you unsetting your system accidently by leaning on the button half a mile away from your home.

Ive used 722 keyfobs as PA for salesgirls on new build sites and had excellent results of about half a mile in built up areas with scaffolding everywhere!!!

The equipment I purchased was brand new from a retailer.

Its fairly easy to do a walk test to make sure everything is still working, if everything goes "t*ts up" I can always get the engineer then. I requested the wireless fob from the start but when the company first came out to install the alarm they told me they wouldn't install it because of having too many problems with wireless systems!! (Maybe that should tell me something!)

Personally I've installed a wireless ESP infinite alarm system in my last house and it worked flawlessly for 3 yrs with only one false alarm in that period, although I know alarm engineers don't rate them. I'm sure just adding a keyfob is unlikely to compromise the system

I'm not saying you guys don't know what your talking about. I'm sure you do. Its just that I'm a OCD DIY'er. In the words of Angelina Jolie "Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life" We'll see what happens.

sounds like this guy wont take advice given and will learn the hard way

• 2 weeks later...

Archived