Security Installer Community

? Scantronic Radio Expander Without Install Code

jobbodger

Hello, I have a Cooper Security Scantronic 9751 wired alarm system with 9930 keypad. I would like to add a RFX-08 radio expander so I can use a key fob. Its really irritating in the morning when my wife goes downstairs listening to the beeping before she keys in the user code .The guy who installed the alarm is not interested in doing this.Is there anyway I can install it without knowing the engineering install code ?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

No, you will need the code or wipe the panel.

Aaargh !! I've already bought the RFX-08 and 722r keyfob. Is it easy to wipe the panel and perhaps more importantly is it going to be difficult programming again ? My original plan was to disconnect the external alarm mains power and battery , then remove the control panel lid, disconnect its battery and then wire up the RFX. Daft plan ?

I have the installation and the User manual but it gives no mention of how to wipe the engineers code

Aaargh !! I've already bought the RFX-08 and 722r keyfob. Is it easy to wipe the panel and perhaps more importantly is it going to be difficult programming again ? My original plan was to disconnect the external alarm mains power and battery , then remove the control panel lid, disconnect its battery and then wire up the RFX. Daft plan ?

I have the installation and the User manual but it gives no mention of how to wipe the engineers code

I'd get an engineer to do it mate.

unfortunately, I can't. My installer has the maintenance contract and he has refused to do it.

If the fact that the system is under a maintenance contract prevents another engineer from doing it how come it doesn't prevent you from doing it?

My advice would be to re-negotiate with your maintenance company though I imagine they would be reluctant to use equipment that they hadn't supplied.

Agreed, id be very suprised if anyone would add a 3rd party sourced piece of equipment to a contracted system. But they may offer a hybrid contract where that part wouldnt be covered on the contract etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I would try to talkk to the company that looks after the alarm system and come to an agreement.

Is the equipment you ourchased brand new???

If so then i cant see a problem with them installing the devices but your yearly contract might be changed due to having wireless devices now.

!

Well, the unexpected happened. I rang the alarm company again and they just gave me the installer code after I explained what i wanted to do. How unsurprisingly helpful. He seemed to know the number off the top of his head rather than looking around for it. Wasn't really expecting that. Doesn't that mean hes probably given me a common install code ! I didn't think they were supposed to do that. I tried the code and it worked. This may seem daft but does anyone know how to get out of installer mode after you're in it !!!

Archived