Security Installer Community

Large Home Install

Trade status may be a issue as i am only 16 and just getting my first jobs, A few stately homes at the moment, but i am sure word of mouth will help me get a few more jobs.

You have to prove you are working in the industry for access to the trade only forums

if you are employed ID from employer and ID for yourself

if you are self employed Insurance details and website, pic of van etc.

hope that helps.

Heyy there

I am finally getting round to part alarming our buildings,

But i am looking for a nice kinda bell box, something that isnt ugly, I have seen adt have some chrome ones but i cant find a supplier for them.

I am looking to fit some kinds galaxy system, comprising of 30+ zones for garages outhouses segregated parts of the buildings, etc, the system is going to stretch over both of the houses, even tho the buildings are in different streets we have brought a wall which allows us to run all of the ethernet, baxall pyramid, cctv, fire cables down it, The wall is access able by the public but it is protected by 4 redwalls and 2 pelco spectra dome cameras, also linked into 3 master blasters.

The reason for installing the alarm would be to take much of the pressure off the cctv, because we have ended up using that as a makeshift alarm (dedicated micros ds2)

The buildings are only 75m apart so i cant see voltage loss being a issue

Any suggestions and or advice

I am in no way a alarm engineer, cctv is what i do, but i learn fast!

I refuse to ever become a pikey installing c##p alarms for beer money, i am installing this system to get a better understanding for how they work

many thanks

regs alex

Old on, old on...........

16 years pld, police raids, stately homes ( who would insure that ?? )

Is it me, or is there something that I'm missing here ?

Not after an Apprenticeship are you ?

Old on, old on...........

16 years pld, police raids, stately homes ( who would insure that ?? )

Is it me, or is there something that I'm missing here ?

Not after an Apprenticeship are you ?

2b honest i was surprised when i read that! about 16 and stately homes. now way would a 16 yold be able to fit equipemnt in a stately home, sorry but thats rediculous! im 26 and self employed, and never even been in a stateley home let along worked in 1!, something fishy if you ask me!

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Who is 'we' and 'our' when you refer to 'we have bought a wall' and 'our buildings' 'our radios' etc - are you working for someone else.

Please explain about the police harrasment and raids, what exactly are you trying to protect that attracts so much attention from the police?

Who is 'we' and 'our' when you refer to 'we have bought a wall' and 'our buildings' 'our radios' etc - are you working for someone else.

Please explain about the police harrasment and raids, what exactly are you trying to protect that attracts so much attention from the police?

Not drugs or sumfink is it ? :hmm:

something certainly sounds dodgy here! think :closed: is appropriate.! :yes: or :no:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Tbh i would ask your insuance what kind of monitoring or so on that the premises needs.

If you have CCTV in place to monitor the premises then police response maybe required with a confirmed alarm signal to the ARC for the alarm system.

!

We are my family, We brought the rights to a 1 foot wide wall that runs across the top of a car-park that joins the two buildings in order to run cctv and ethernet cables etc, Our radios are 6x motarola gp340s which are industry standard 2 way radios which many security companys use, and they were given to us by a farmer friend of ours, they come in very usefully to keep in-contact with each other as we are a large family.

It is an incredibly long story which involves other parties also so i wish not to say much more on that subject.

No drugs, We are just a family of 5 which didn't stay quite about information proving police corruption in northampton.

Legal battles have meant we have had to sell one of out buildings, but we are still fighting on, our cctv which i have been installing and adding too over the past few years had saved us many times, even to the point where it has stopped my parents going to prison(accusations of them running over a man in the street outside our house etc), which consequentially would of put both my brother and sister in social services care as my parents wouldn't of been able to care for them. it goes on...

Anyways thankyou chorlton for backing me up =]

And back to the point lol so galaxy would suit my needs, How does it communicate with the keypads? is there easer way of connecting the detectors to the main building rather that running one cable for each detector?

Regs

alex

Alex,

galaxy has a data line which can be run to remote areas, and then connected to a zone expander called a RIO which has eight zones on it. so from the panel to the out building, stick a rio on it and the 8 zones to that. And then if you require more zones,stick yet another rio on it, and so on

Oh, and on the data line, you can also put keypads on it

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Archived